Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry folks, but I still don't get how others are printing custom cards.

There are a few add on packs that I want to print. Take for instance this one....

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137023/myth-monsterlings

So the content is a big old PDF of pages of cards - great. If I print them myself, they are 80% of the size of a standard Myth card and look pretty fuzzy. Very few options in PDF printing to change that.

Then there is the PrinterStudio option.... found the option for printing 88 x 63 cards, but you have to load the artwork one image (card face) at a time - so I am using SNAGIT to capture a card image from the PDF displayed on screen, upload it, and it sort of works, but for every card it puts up a LOW RES warning.

What I dont want to do is spend time screen grabbing/cutting cards if there is an easier way of doing this - and I dont want to waste time/money if the results doing this from Printer Studio are junk.

Also, if there is a way of printing by the sheet (via printer at home or by PrinterStudio), how do you add the backing?. In the above post, there is a rules guide to print on the back - how are people adding this (or another Myth backing image) to all the cards other than one card at a time?

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jo, I can provide pngs for my mods, if you want to. If I remember correctly, they will still give your the "low-res" warning, but they look totally fine, when printed.

Let me know, which cards you want. It may take some time, though, as I'm pretty busy with the "MYTH: Dungeons" thingy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

It was actually your two excellent sets, Monsterlings and the Trainers that I was most interested in. If you could provide a link/file, that would be most appreciated.

But the question still remains for the other cards that are done by other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Here you go.

Monsterlings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlnid3l46x0pjy4/monsterlings.zip?d...

Use "hero card" back-side for these.

Trainers
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qo8p84549vqygg/trainers.zip?dl=0

Use "merchant card" back-side for these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are a star. Uploading to Print Studio right now. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The monterlimgs printed out great. For all that PDF stuff I pulled it into photoshop with the template downloaded from printer studio So the size was right for each card. It was very time consuming. If I can figure out how to post the deck I printed so you can copy it I will post it here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
What am I missing?

Most of the printerstudio decks posted are saved in the printerstudio website to make things easy for people. You shouldn't have to recreate the printerstudio projects at all. Take the 2.0 monster deck I put together here as a for instance. Directions on how to use are in the OP of that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok- thanks. But there is no central list of PS colections anywhere like there is in the files - so its just a question of spotting them in the fourm posts?!?

Also, looking at the monster ones you link to, I see that on all of them, things are outside the 'safe' red area... Take Etraus The Last card - the x2 on the defence is cut in half - is that a problem when you actually get the cards?!? How much is actually cut off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
Ok- thanks. But there is no central list of PS colections anywhere like there is in the files - so its just a question of spotting them in the fourm posts?!?

Correct. You may just want to search the forums for "printerstudio" in the subject.

jaffab wrote:
Also, looking at the monster ones you link to, I see that on all of them, things are outside the 'safe' red area... Take Etraus The Last card - the x2 on the defence is cut in half - is that a problem when you actually get the cards?!? How much is actually cut off?

I realize you are new to the world of PrinterStudio - welcome to the party.

When preparing cards for Printerstudio people need to use/follow the template for cards.

There are two important lines in the template above - the "safe" area and the "cut" area. The red line you see in the printerstudio project is the safe area, but the cut card (the one you'll receive) is represented on the image. See Etraus below. There's nothing being cut off.

But, don't take my word for it ... look at the other comments in the thread from folks that ordered and were pleased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Right, Pulling the trigger on this - and MM, I have you to blame if it all goes terribly wrong, as I am using your 2.0 monster set as the basis, and have added a whole lot more (1 pack of trainers and movement tracking cards, and another pack of Monsterlings and Status cards). If it all goes wrongs, I curse you with a 1000 rolls of a "1".

Thanks for your collective help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
Right, Pulling the trigger on this - and MM, I have you to blame if it all goes terribly wrong, as I am using your set as the basis, and have added a whole lot more. If it all goes wrongs, I curse you with a 1000 rolls of a "1".

Thanks for your collective help.

Sure thing. Look at it this way, you'll have these cards LONG before you'll get them from MegaCon. Pretty sure you'll be fine (I did all sorts of Myth cards on PS over the last 3 years). As for the curse, I already suffer from that particular ailment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A total of 144 cards just ordered for a total of $66 (a lot of which was the postage to the UK and European handling).

1) A project of 54 cards from your original 2.0 monster cards, plus I added on a few more monsters from folks here (Zombiecide and Goblin conversions)
2) A project of 54 cards of the Training set plus 5 double sided movement tracking cards
3) A project of 36 cards of Monsterling plus 2 x 7 status cards (which gives details of Cursed etc statuses).

Delivery in a 2-3 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cards arrived on saturday whilst I was away at the UK games expo.
Only had a chance to go through a few of them so far, but delighted in the quality. Excellent stuff by both the designers of the cards (se3 above) and the printer studio.

Pretty excited right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.