Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all,

is the selection of special abilities on in-play cards limited to the number of tokens available, or are players allowed to use proxy tokens if they run out?

e.g. if there are 4 tokens for Ability X, and a player would like to play a 5th card with that ability, may he play a 5th copy of that ability or is he limited to the 4 tokens already in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stephan,

You shouldn't have problems with makers because there should be more markers from each type than units that could use them.

Best regard,

Jose Manuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmkinki wrote:
You shouldn't have problems with makers because there should be more markers from each type than units that could use them.

i just discovered that there are far more "MG" slots on units than there are MG tokens.

So the question is: if i run out of tokens, may new units still take MGs (via a proxy token) or is it treated like a "supply shortage", and no more are currently available?

i have not yet run out of counters during play, but it is possible for certain counter types. Smoke and Hit the Deck are the same counter, and it's certainly possible to have many smoke counters in play at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stephan,

For our experience with the first edition, you don't need further equipment markers.

Anyway, during a game, if you have this problem, take into account that the amount of markers is limited so if you want to buy an equipment and there aren't remaining markers you can't buy it.

Regarding to red/blue rounded markers you may considered them as ilimited, so if you need more of them during the game, you have to use any method like other marker or a piece of paper to mark it. As the same as above it is very unlikely that it is occur.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmkinki wrote:
if you have this problem, take into account that the amount of markers is limited so if you want to buy an equipment and there aren't remaining markers you can't buy it.

That sounds fair to me.

jmkinki wrote:
Regarding to red/blue rounded markers you may considered them as ilimited, so if you need more of them during the game, you have to use any method like other marker or a piece of paper to mark it. As the same as above it is very unlikely that it is occur.

That almost happened to me last night: the US team had a 5-line supply chain and 3 Command Groups on line 3. The game didn't last very long after that - the Germans were massively overrun:

https://goo.gl/photos/DZtwUvnqx3AydaEa9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephan, from one turn to the next one, you only may store 12 AP as maximum. At the picture, you have enough counters at your headquarter for 24 AP.

With your 24 APs at your headquarter, you should destroy the enemy side in one turn with these amount of APs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmkinki wrote:
Stephan, from one turn to the next one, you only may store 12 AP as maximum. At the picture, you have enough counters at your headquarter for 24 AP.

i had 10 or 12 in reserve at the start of the turn, then gained another 12 or 14 or so. It was more than i could possibly spend, and would have had to discard many of them at the end of the turn, but...

jmkinki wrote:
With your 24 APs at your headquarter, you should destroy the enemy side in one turn with these amount of APs!

Indeed, that was the last turn. Once i managed to get 3 Command Units on line 3, the game was basically already decided.

Edit: Here is what the end-game looked like in that session:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.