Subject: M.I.N.D - coming to Kickstarter, June 21st rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

"M.I.N.D" is a tactical-strategy boardgame set in a sci-fi setting in which players are in control of a colony and have to manage and expand it while facing different crisis and invaders. M.I.N.D can be played solo or with two players, but also with up to four players with the help of an extra copy. The goal is to please M.I.N.D, an all powerful A.I, and complete the set of five Achievements required by the game before the last round ends. In competitive mode players need to gain more Achievements than the enemy.

To find out more, and even Subscribe if you like the game, follow the link below:

BGG PAGE - https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/161276/mind-fall-paradis...

By Subscribing and answering the question here you get a chance at winning a free copy of the game. There will be 3 winners, and each will get a FULL copy of the game. Also, just by entering, if you do not win the contest but decide to pledge for a copy of the game during the Kickstarter campaign in June, you will receive the exclusive Equipment cards. These cards can be obtained only by entering the contest.

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/FallofParadise/

So, the question remains, how would YOU sabotage an enemy colony, in times of war?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see you're giving it a go on KS again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Wong
msg tools
mb
A! Unpower them 😂

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otmar Kirchgäßner
Germany
Friedberg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Shut down sectors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
Simplify, prioritize,... enjoy! :-D
mbmbmbmbmb

I´ll go with B, less for them more for us. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Stranger
msg tools
mbmbmb
D!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Hijack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C. Fight fire with fire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Gilchrist
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
D. Let them destroy themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Anzaldo
Mexico
Mexico
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E shutdown sectors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would select B - no production, no engine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Backstrom
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
|I would go for D, infect them, because of the panic it would cause

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaberRider wrote:
These cards can be obtained only by entering the contest.

This is the exact reason I will not be participating or backing this project.

Creating game-play differences this early in the game's life cycle is ultimately self defeating.

Good Luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
SaberRider wrote:

Creating game-play differences this early in the game's life cycle is ultimately self defeating.

Good Luck.

I doubt that the game changes that much, based on those two cards. If they were very important cards, necessary to fix a broken game, then yes, it's stupid. If it's just an extra, it'd be a stupid reason to boycot a whole game.

If you don't like the idea of the game, e.g. the gameplay or looks, fine, but I don't understand why you let it be decided by such a simple thing as two extra cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B, hijack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Gómez Acosta
Spain
Castellon de la Plana
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B, no doubt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rvervuurt wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
SaberRider wrote:

Good Luck.

I doubt that the game changes that much, based on those two cards. If they were very important cards, necessary to fix a broken game, then yes, it's stupid. If it's just an extra, it'd be a stupid reason to boycot a whole game.

If you don't like the idea of the game, e.g. the gameplay or looks, fine, but I don't understand why you let it be decided by such a simple thing as two extra cards.

It does a number of things.
1: It creates a different play experience for early adopters vs those who purchase retail. If I play a game and then choose to buy it, I want the same game, not some game with a few cards missing.

2: It opens the door for other exclusives if you jump through other hoops. Want this special card? Come to our Facebook page. Want this other interesting items? Retweet us on twitter. I wouldn't mind if those same cards could be obtained via other means (such as through the BGG store for an exchange of money), but by labeling anything as *exclusive* to a particular method of obtaining, the publisher paints themselves into a corner very quickly. If they later make an exclusive available via another means - the original people who got it complain and the Publisher has broken their word. If they stick to their word, they alienate an entire other sector of second-wave potential purchasers who won't purchase an incomplete game.

The Publisher has chosen, before the game is even being tested for viability on Kickstarter, to go down the exclusive route. That's enough for me to understand how things will go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaberRider wrote:

So, the question remains, how would YOU sabotage an enemy colony, in times of war?

F. All the Above (in measured and strategic steps)

Most, if not all, of the options require that you have people inside the colony itself. Only Hijacking Production could possibly be done without having people on the inside. Therefore all these responses would need to be enacted in measured steps so as to impact your own people as little as possible. Doing all of them on a limited scale would be the best option to inflict damage while providing the greatest probability that your own people would not be caught.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
SaberRider wrote:

Good Luck.

1: It creates a different play experience for early adopters vs those who purchase retail. If I play a game and then choose to buy it, I want the same game, not some game with a few cards missing.

2: It opens the door for other exclusives if you jump through other hoops. Want this special card? Come to our Facebook page. Want this other interesting items? Retweet us on twitter. I wouldn't mind if those same cards could be obtained via other means (such as through the BGG store for an exchange of money), but by labeling anything as *exclusive* to a particular method of obtaining, the publisher paints themselves into a corner very quickly. If they later make an exclusive available via another means - the original people who got it complain and the Publisher has broken their word. If they stick to their word, they alienate an entire other sector of second-wave potential purchasers who won't purchase an incomplete game.

The Publisher has chosen, before the game is even being tested for viability on Kickstarter, to go down the exclusive route. That's enough for me to understand how things will go.

Hello, I am the creator of M.I.N.D.

While I understand your concern, exclusives are not for everyone, even on kickstarter. However, I am an indie developer, and while I try to make things as fair as possible for retailers, I also want this project to succeed and this is why I am offering cool gifts for those who support the project. You offer me a chance I offer you my appreciation.

Secondly, those 2 exclusive cards are not game changing, but more of a "Thank you for your time" little gift. Nobody has to look at my game in this sea of games that are around, so I want to make people feel special for spending the time and liking the game I have created. Also, without the help of the fans this game will not even hit retail, so another reason to be grateful and show appreciation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaberRider wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
rvervuurt wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
SaberRider wrote:

Good Luck.

Hello, I am the creator of M.I.N.D.

While I understand your concern, exclusives are not for everyone, even on kickstarter. However, I am an indie developer, and while I try to make things as fair as possible for retailers, I also want this project to succeed and this is why I am offering cool gifts for those who support the project. You offer me a chance I offer you my appreciation.

Secondly, those 2 exclusive cards are not game changing, but more of a "Thank you for your time" little gift. Nobody has to look at my game in this sea of games that are around, so I want to make people feel special for spending the time and liking the game I have created. Also, without the help of the fans this game will not even hit retail, so another reason to be grateful and show appreciation.

Thank you for your reply.

There are ways to show appreciation without creating an elite class of owners. Non-game changing items like a unique first player marker, alternate art, certificates of early backing or other such items are great as exclusives and they indicate that an owner was there from the beginning.

The moment you make a game element exclusive, I'm out. I strongly feel that exclusivity of game elements is a trap.

Regardless of whether you think these cards are game changing, they are. They change the number of cards in the deck. They do *something* that's not in your 'base' game. They create a feeling of an incomplete game.

I want to trust that a Publisher is proud of the complete game they are creating. Exclusives game elements erode that trust.

I feel it's important that you, as the creator, are aware that the existence of exclusives in your offering means I did a full stop. As a result of that clause, I didn't even get to the point where I clicked on your game to determine if it's got a solid set of rules or merits a pledge. That's unfortunate, but it's the path you've chosen to follow.

Note: I could have just continued, participated in the "contest" (which I assume is fully and properly sanctioned by the site) and "unlocked" my potential reward. This isn't about whether *I* can get an exclusive item, it's about whether or not those who I then show the game to in a year can get the same thing after the campaign is over, even if they have to pay extra for it. 'Exclusive' means that these items will never be available for sale after the campaign is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dino Buffetta
United States
Wenonah
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C: Sit back and watch it Burn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
B. Highjack production, because all sabotages can be repaired, and an infection is too inhumane and can kickback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Update with the announcement trailer for the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.