Outlive» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A 2 players-game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
Decided to start with the room that enables to build 1 room/turn for 1 resource only and choose the following advanced rooms: +1 Survivor each turn, -1 to radioactivity, +1 Survivor in the shelter entrance and +1 food on a hunt.
My leader is the hunter and I have a nice rifle to repair at the start of the game. Events are not too annoying during the first two turns: one resource scarcity and tougher preys. I got rid of this last one though because I had the resources for and did not want to face big preys for the rest of the game.
My opponent chose a room that helped him repairing objects and he repaired like crazy, beginning with the falcon that steals 1 meat on the first hunt I make each turn. He managed to repair a lot of paired objects and got nice combos when wandering in Blackwood and Silent Peak or when he climbed on the cargo.
I build a lot of rooms, did one or two great turns of hunting but gor problems to feed that many people so early in the game. Third event was the atomic explosion: my opponent was not very worried about it because he had a lot of people in his entrance. I, on the other hand, suffered a lot from this and could not manage to gather the resources to end this event, because I was very busy hunting all day to feed all my survivors, or gathering ammos. On hindsight, I did not choose between two harms and finally suffered from both.
I finally faced a very rough day on day 5 and could not feed a lot of my survivors. On the final turn, I poorly managed my workers' moves and was 1 iron short to end the atomic event.
Don't remember the score but my opponent won by a huge margin: he repaired way more objects, his radiation scale was still in the green and somehow managed to repair and fill 2 rooms in his last turn.

Great session: I got my ass handed over to me, but I am very eager to play a rematch and do a better job at managing my shelter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you encounter Pressure often? I image that with only 2 players there will be hardly as much direct conflict as in a full 4-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
I put pressure on him twice and he pressured me twice aswell (but he had the baseball bat...).
Pressure is probably less present in 2 players - games, but events are more difficult to get rid of (I only played 1 4 players-game, but in this one, everyone was rushing to resolve the events so we did not suffer from them for too long).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.