7 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Restoring corruption in a stronghold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stevie K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry in advance if this has been posted, but if the FP player wants to remain in a stronghold for a few turns in order to restore multiple corruption do they have to continually hide and reveal the ring (along with the associated action die costs) to restore each point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
They can simply stay put in the Region and heal 1 point every Fellowship phase.

However, any movement made will be wasted as you reset the Fellowship track to zero every time.

Also, Declaring the location of the Fellowship does NOT reveal the Fellowship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. First you would have to declare in a FP stronghold. That means you cannot be revealed going in. After declaring there Frodo would heal one corruption. If you wish to heal more, you should not move the Fellowship during that turn. Then the fellowship would still be at track 0 and you could declare again in the same stronghold at the beginning of the next turn to heal one more and so on. Two points of clarification:

1. You could potentially declare the fellowship and remain in the stronghold if Frodo was on step 1 or higher of the fellowship track. But you would have to give up that movement. It would happen very rarely, but is conceivable if for example you tried to move and were hunted successfully and took corruption (but not being revealed) and decided you should heal longer before trying again.

2. Declaring does not require an action and is optional to do at the beginning of each fellowhsip phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The funny/sad thing is I have never been able to accomplish this as the FP. My opponent always screws up my plans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks guys, that clears our last rules question mark!
So, just wondering, don't many FP players out there put a big effort into holding Minas Tirith so they have a base close to Mordor where they can reduce corruption before the 'final push?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stekey wrote:
Thanks guys, that clears our last rules question mark!
So, just wondering, don't many FP players out there put a big effort into holding Minas Tirith so they have a base close to Mordor where they can reduce corruption before the 'final push?

I am sure most try, but there are quite a few shadow forces in the area. If the fellowship is healing in a stronghold. That stronghold would move up in it's priority to be the next stronghold to be put under siege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minas Tirith is the nearest FP stronghold to the SP base of Mordor, and is likely to come under attack fairly quickly.

By the time the Fellowship could reach Minas Tirith, it's usually fallen, so won't heal corruption.

Also, the Fellowship is pretty close to Mordor anyway, so would generally prefer to get on to Mount Doom before the SP racks up too many victory points.

I'd think the Fellowship would only try for MT if the military campaign was going well (Sauron isn't capturing any strongholds) or the Fellowship has got a long way but taken on too much corruption, so would have no chance of surviving the journey without healing first. If the latter, they would have to be pretty desperate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.