Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
104 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Lords of Hellas» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: OFFICIAL KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN THREAD [launch 06.06.2017!] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Hello all!

As Kickstarter campaign for Lords of Hellas is approaching, we decided to create a official thread with all the information. If you have any questions, you can ask us here too!



SEE KICKSTARTER DRAFT HERE:
https://goo.gl/iujbt2

Story setup
11 000 BC
Ancient Greece
Era to be later known as Dark Age

There are no historical sources from that era, so it is hard to determine what actually happened that time.
Game takes on idea, that Gods were actually aliens with advanced technology, landing on Earth.

Gameplay


It is 1-4 player (possibly more unlocked during campaign) competitive territory control with few adventure aspects (completing quests and hunting monsters)

You control asymmetric hero with his army.
During course of game you can advance your hero attributes (leadership, strength and speed), gather artifacts, choose certain blessing cards (all players take part in draft) and become most famous hero in certain region (get glory token). All of above will develop your hero in asymmetric way.

There are 4 different winning condition (if player meeting any of them, game instantly ends) - so you can have multiple strategies for winning the game (from territory control, to hunting monsters or building temples/monuments).

Full gameplay explenation:





What extra I will get by backing Ks campaign?

By backing you will be able to get additional expansions, unlocked during the campaign, that will probably double the value of overall game.
For start, you can get additional hero for backing campaign from day one (Kickstarter exclusive)




Popular questions


Q: Nice miniatures - but gameplay will probably suck (not really a question, but hey )

A:
Actually, we spend A LOT of time on gameplay. Game designer, Adam Kwapiński is a very experience designer and is vastly known in Poland. we also took development process very seriously, with over 400+ playtest (and there will be more in future).



Q: Is there Co-op mode?
A: We are not going to lie - this game is competitive territory control game and it is where it is strongest.
We are planning on adding scenario book with a bit of story campaigns that MIGHT be partly cooperative, but that's it.


Q: How will solo game look?
A: We plan solo mode firstly as a tutorial, before playing full game (just like you have story campaigns in computer strategies that will teach you the game). You will be able to play part by part, without reading rulebook while enjoying cool story.
Secondly, it will have additional story-related missions with certain goals to accomplish in given time.
Thou we expect to have really nice story, taking advantage of unique setting of Lords of Hellas.


Q: Language versions?
A: We can't confirm yet, but we definitely want to offer them! We will probably know after first days of campaign.



Q: Price?
A: Not yet announced (we are doing last back-up checks of production) but expect something around 100 - 110 USD.


Q: Your English in comments / updates sucks, does this mean the game will be impossible to understand in English?
A: Well, we are from Poland and English is not our native language. We could outsource professional help, but during heat of campaign there is really very little time and communication with backers must be fast. We believe that some silly constructions (although silly and funny) does not distort the meaning of what we want to say.

But obviously game instructions and components will be done by professionals and proofread by several native speakers.
29 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter link redirects to Kickstarter homepage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Thanks & fixed
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have a question.

During and post Lords Of Hellas campaign are you going to sent updates which are not asking backers question like in This War Of Mine? Like this one with other language copies of the game, especially that Lords might have other languages that English.

Second one: Is the board the same for 2,3 and 4 players? And if, possibly, we unlock 5 or 6 player game, will the board stays the same?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
AkitaInu wrote:
Hello,

I have a question.

During and post Lords Of Hellas campaign are you going to sent updates which are not asking backers question like in This War Of Mine? Like this one with other language copies of the game, especially that Lords might have other languages that English.

Second one: Is the board the same for 2,3 and 4 players? And if, possibly, we unlock 5 or 6 player game, will the board stays the same?


We are not 100% sure what you mean regarding "not asking questions" especially for Langague versions.

Regarding Board:
Yes, it stays the same, but there is rules modification for 2 players, that enable the game to stay competitive and fast paced.
In our current plans expansion for 5/6 players will come with additional board.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateo Mateo
msg tools
1) We can see city, sparta and temle miniatures on the video, pics and even teaser from instruction - but i can't find them among other core box components in ks draft page - are they SG / addon?

2) Can you confim / comment info form this page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/347467/first-edit... especially languages and release date?

3) Do you know anything about great titans or even typhon invading world during dark ages? You know - great heroes with great power needs big bad guys to beat^^
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mmag wrote:
1) We can see city, sparta and temle miniatures on the video, pics and even teaser from instruction - but i can't find them among other core box components in ks draft page - are they SG / addon?

2) Can you confim / comment info form this page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/347467/first-edit... especially languages and release date?

3) Do you know anything about great titans or even typhon invading world during dark ages? You know - great heroes with great power needs big bad guys to beat^^


1) Yes, terrain will be an expansion.
It is not necessary to have it (cities will be on the map with marked places for fortifying soldiers), temples will be in forms of standees.

We decided to make it separate expansion to lower price point of core box.

2) Languages are our expectation, not yet confirmed.
As for the release date - we will be looking at 2 waves release - Core Box after about 5 months (so 2017) and all SG and add ons in Q1 2018.

You will be able to choose if you want more expensive shipping and get 2 waves or cheaper, one-wave with everything.

3)Ha. Not going to spoil anything for now

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaken Realms wrote:

Q: Is there Co-op mode?
A: We are not going to lie - this game is competitive territory control game and it is where it is strongest.
We are planning on adding scenario book with a bit of story campaigns that MIGHT be partly cooperative, but that's it.

Sounds good to me!
I guess I'll be backing this game as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a draft of the rule book available to read?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateo Mateo
msg tools
1) Are you planning different priests and hoplites minis for different armies?
2) Will we see Paolo Parente's Guest Box?*
3) Any chances for upgarde heroes minis to 32mm scale? They looks awesome and i would like to mix and use them with other boardgames.
4) Question about minis that we can see in the prototype video and pics - are the made in the same scale as game will be (22/28/70/120mm)?

*just kidding
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Is there a draft of the rule book available to read?


We will have it up here in few days together with all components

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mmag wrote:
1) Are you planning different priests and hoplites minis for different armies?
2) Will we see Paolo Parente's Guest Box?*
3) Any chances for upgarde heroes minis to 32mm scale? They looks awesome and i would like to mix and use them with other boardgames.
4) Question about minis that we can see in the prototype video and pics - are the made in the same scale as game will be (22/28/70/120mm)?

*just kidding


1) Definitely! They will be as first Stretch Goals
2) Ha
3) Well, we used 28mm (heroic) and we will probably stick with it
4) Yes
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Hey guys,

Quick heads up - we just uploaded Game Manual (it will be up probably in a day or two after BGG moderation will accept it).
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules shows that city, sparta and temples are in the box, camping page do not - can you clarify that ? If rules says and shows that you should put figures on the map they should be in the box
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
AkitaInu wrote:
Rules shows that city, sparta and temples are in the box, camping page do not - can you clarify that ? If rules says and shows that you should put figures on the map they should be in the box


In basic Core Box Cities and temples are not included - there are tokens / standies for that. There will be expansion with those thou ; )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So they should not be shown in the manual as this is misleading
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
AkitaInu wrote:
So they should not be shown in the manual as this is misleading


Actually, that's a good point. One of the reason they are there is that we were sending this manual to the reviewers (who got copies with cities and temples).

Originally we planned game with cities and temples, but in the end we saw that they are not essential to the gameplay (still cool as hell ), so we decided we will drop them out from Core Game to drive the price down for around 20-25 USD.

We will make appropriate reference in the manual on KS

Thanks!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem

I will read the rest of the rules tomorrow so you may expect more questions and "poitings" from me

btw - are you looking for testers in poland ? with regular 2-6 groups of people ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Instant back for me!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
AkitaInu wrote:
Not a problem

I will read the rest of the rules tomorrow so you may expect more questions and "poitings" from me

btw - are you looking for testers in poland ? with regular 2-6 groups of people ?


Sure! Always nice to have some additional testers
Drop us an email at contact@awakenrealms.com
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Quick update on new stuff!

Story trailer is up!



Also we have added print and play (will be few hours before accepted) - will accompany instruction
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RAJ
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There will be polish version?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question, and maybe a suggestion, about victory conditions.

It's quite hard, especially for new players, to track who is closest to win the game.

I think it would be wise to add a separate board, with all 4 victory condition tracker. Basing on that players would see who is the closest to victory. What do you think ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a skill in any game is understanding the game state. Putting a board out that explicitly says "Player 2 is winning" turns games into Munchkin where everyone just gangs up on the winning person.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I think a skill in any game is understanding the game state. Putting a board out that explicitly says "Player 2 is winning" turns games into Munchkin where everyone just gangs up on the winning person.

+1. Also, this thing is already taking up some serious table space.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.