Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Here's a big list of some hot titles coming out, sadly I don't speak German. Some of these don't even have BGG entires yet (Uwe and Kiesling's games notably):
http://www.cliquenabend.de/news/380800-Podcast-28-Herner-Spi...

Correction, these are titles from Herner Spielewahnsinn 2017, but I know some of these are rumored to appear in Essen.

Quote:
00:01:18-00:07:05 Bärenpark (Lookout Games)
00:07:06-00:13:55 Isle of Skye - Journeyman (Lookout Games)
00:13:56-00:24:13 River Boat (Lookout Games)
00:24:14-00:31:52 Five Dragons (APAS)
00:31:53-00:33:29 Riga (Ostia Spiele)
00:33:30-00:42:54 Das tiefe Land (Feuerland Spiele)
00:42:55-00:43:52 ADC & Spielworxx
00:43:53-00:44:42 Caverna - Höhle gegen Höhle (Lookout Spiele)
00:44:43-00:45:23 Super Fantasy Brawl (2MT Games)
00:45:24-00:46:10 2MT Games
00:46:11-00:48:54 Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia (asmodee)
00:48:55-00:51:40 Bankraub Spiel (PD Verlag) *Bank robbing co-op
00:51:51-00:54:59 Trans Atlantic (PD Verlag) *Confirmed release at Essen
00:55:00-00:55:25 Concordia Erweiterung (PD Verlag)
00:55:26-00:56:08 Neue Holzfiguren Farben für Navegador und Concordia (PD Verlag) *New wooden pieces for Navegador and Concordia
00:56:09-00:56:32 Ausgespielt! – Der Messe-Krimi (frosted Games)
00:56:33-00:58:26 13 Days (frosted Games)
00:58:27-01:03:48 Nusfjord (Lookout Games) *Uwe Rosenberg
01:03:49-01:05:28 Piepmatz (Lookout Games)
01:05:29-01:15:00 Gaia Project (Feuerland Spiele)
01:15:01-01:16:08 Farbtier (Laura)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Re: List of Essen 2017 Games in German
Riga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Isle of Skye - Journeyman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Das tiefe Land
(The Low Land???)
Dike building.
from http://brettspielbox.de/?p=18130

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
From Brettspielbox:
Quote:

There will be an expansion to Concordia: Egypt and Crete with two new elements. Also, there will be new wooden figures for Concordia in a very limited version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
From Brettspielbox:
Quote:

There will be an expansion to Concordia: Egypt and Crete with two new elements. Also, there will be new wooden figures for Concordia in a very limited version.

Must have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Quadropolis expansion rulebook:
http://asmodee.de/ressources/bonus/quadropolis-ps-regeln.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
http://brettspielbox.de/?p=18233

Quote:
(Author: Michael Rieneck / graphic: / number of players: 2-4 / from 12 years / duration: 90 minutes)

Europe at the time of Elizabeth I England, France, Spain and the Netherlands are fighting for supremacy. Catholics and Protestants argue equally for power and influence. In the middle, the players act as members of important families. Whoever wants to strengthen his influence in all four countries must establish reliable connections with important persons of society. Constantly, it comes to the test of power, and in the religious struggle is to stand on the side of the victors, otherwise one is driven out of the country. Victory points, who successfully trades trade and best exploits the religious power relations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have a translation of how the Journeyman works in the Isle of Skye expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandra Dageroth
Germany
Steinhagen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a prototype of 'Das tiefe Land' two years ago and really liked it. Curious to see if anything has changed significantly and how the final product will look/play once it is released!

edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
I'd love to have a translation of how the Journeyman works in the Isle of Skye expansion.

Listened to the video. "Journeyman" is the working title. Box-size about half of base game box. Expansion makes game somewhat more complex and adds about 20 to 30 minutes to the playing time.

There will be "progress-boards" (min. 1:15) to track development which will award bonuses. Tracks let you e. g. gain victory points, easier movement, more money. Crossing one of the vertical lines with a tracking marker will give you also victory points. To progress on those boards you need to fulfill "quests" by moving the green meeple across the map (min. 2:00). The new rules will only apply after phase 5 (after placing tiles). The orange cubes (min 3:00) represent the quests and are used in a worker placement fashion. Cubes are placed on tiles; the meeple is then moved by the player through those tiles collecting the cubes and fulfilling the quests which moves the development cube on the progress track forward. Depending on the track that will give you the previously mentioned bonuses each round. Quests can also be fulfilled by moving to your castle and paying money as depicted on the top of the progress-board.

Some of those new functions will change the interactions between the players when bidding and some actions may give another player benefits if they are far enough advanced on the respective track. Additionally, roads can now also be placed to connect tiles as shown with the orange sticks (min 4:50). That makes transport of barrels easier as well as movement of the meeple. Some quests will lead you from on end of the map to the other so speedy movement will be important.

At the end of each track is a very powerful marker giving you 3 victory points and an important function like buying twice from another player or bank pays another player for tiles not you. However, those functions are usually only uncovered very late in the game. There are also some new tiles which may give you some benefit on the progress board (min. 7:00). There are also 4 new scoring tiles (min. 7:30) which give you some new scoring combinations and also may include some of the new tiles.

Price of the expansion should be 20 Euros or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the translation -- I appreciate it.

A more complex Isle of Skye sounds great to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Another Uwe Rosenberg release:
Indian Summer

(from Google translate)
Quote:
After Cottage Garden now the second puzzles called Indian Summer. In the box 6 different double-sided tables (different degrees of difficulty) will be available. These are divided into 6 sectors. Each player gets 5 puzzle pieces of different shapes (either 3, 4 or 5 pieces). This is now to be used on the table. The puzzle pieces are provided with holes, and individual boxes are dyed in four different colors on the panels. If I place the hole of the puzzle piece above this colored box, I can put a colored stone into the hole. As soon as I have covered a sector, I can take the stones for the following special actions:

Blue: fill your own stock from the puzzling queue (even if all five parts are gone)
Green: can be used as a 1-plate
Red: I can take from two other players the top puzzle piece from their stock and incorporate
Orange: I can get two of my own puzzle pieces.
Instead of a own puzzle part I always have the possibility to install a 1 part to fill gaps.

In addition, there are still yellow puzzle pieces, with which I can build exclusively contiguous holes to collect the Bonisteine ​​again.

Sounds very exciting. I could not make pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
odie73 wrote:
nbread wrote:

Listened to the video. "Journeyman" is the working title. Box-size about half of base game box. Expansion makes game somewhat more complex and adds about 20 to 30 minutes to the playing time.

There will be "progress-boards" (min. 1:15) to track development which will award bonuses. Tracks let you e. g. gain victory points, easier movement, more money. Crossing one of the vertical lines with a tracking marker will give you also victory points. To progress on those boards you need to fulfill "quests" by moving the green meeple across the map (min. 2:00). The new rules will only apply after phase 5 (after placing tiles). The orange cubes (min 3:00) represent the quests and are used in a worker placement fashion. Cubes are placed on tiles; the meeple is then moved by the player through those tiles collecting the cubes and fulfilling the quests which moves the development cube on the progress track forward. Depending on the track that will give you the previously mentioned bonuses each round. Quests can also be fulfilled by moving to your castle and paying money as depicted on the top of the progress-board.

Some of those new functions will change the interactions between the players when bidding and some actions may give another player benefits if they are far enough advanced on the respective track. Additionally, roads can now also be placed to connect tiles as shown with the orange sticks (min 4:50). That makes transport of barrels easier as well as movement of the meeple. Some quests will lead you from on end of the map to the other so speedy movement will be important.

At the end of each track is a very powerful marker giving you 3 victory points and an important function like buying twice from another player or bank pays another player for tiles not you. However, those functions are usually only uncovered very late in the game. There are also some new tiles which may give you some benefit on the progress board (min. 7:00). There are also 4 new scoring tiles (min. 7:30) which give you some new scoring combinations and also may include some of the new tiles.

Price of the expansion should be 20 Euros or less.

Does it get rid of the runaway leader problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
odie73 wrote:

Listened to the video. "Journeyman" is the working title. Box-size about half of base game box. Expansion makes game somewhat more complex and adds about 20 to 30 minutes to the playing time. (snip)

Does it get rid of the runaway leader problem?

The question was not asked so I do not know. Based on my first impression from the video it seems more likely that the progress boards do not fix that issue and may have the potential to add to it. But take that with a bag full of salt; I could be totally wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
New Stefan Feld, MERLIN.
https://twitter.com/brettagoge/status/883308183099506691

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Uwe's next game "Nusfjord" preview from Dice Tower:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Queen games, "Pioneers"
https://twitter.com/UFonrobert/status/886281062774714368

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.