James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What will I be missing in the ORDER set buying it RETAIL from what was in the Kickstarter?

Were any "Special" tiles, or heroes/baddies/traps Exclusive to the Kickstarter ? or were they all added to all boxes, including Retail ?

Thanks

ps- I know...I miss those COOL SKULLS regardless, and that is REALLY sucking....... it was one of the BIG things that actually attracted me to the video playthrough, haha robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
What will I be missing in the ORDER set buying it RETAIL from what was in the Kickstarter?

Were any "Special" tiles, or heroes/baddies/traps Exclusive to the Kickstarter ? or were they all added to all boxes, including Retail ?

Thanks

ps- I know...I miss those COOL SKULLS regardless, and that is REALLY sucking....... it was one of the BIG things that actually attracted me to the video playthrough, haha robot

KS Exclusive items:

100x 3D Skulls
Rift Lord Miniature
Mr. Moneybags Boss
Boss Card for every hero (this was a post-KS gift for the delay)

Though the Boss cards are available as a PDF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats it? COOL !

Though I'd give a stranger's left arm for those skulls arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
Thats it? COOL !

Though I'd give a stranger's left arm for those skulls arrrh

Well, actually there are 2 versions of the skulls: glow in the dark and bone white. The bone white are exclusives, the glow in the dark were not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confusion...

Looking again at the KS site, it shows a ton of kickstarter "Bonus" stretch goal items, such as a bunch of new characters & minis, new traps, new tiles....

it looks like the bonus characters & minis are actually what make up the "Hero" packs, but they are listed as FREE Bonus KS extras...

So, what gives?

thnks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
Confusion...

Looking again at the KS site, it shows a ton of kickstarter "Bonus" stretch goal items, such as a bunch of new characters & minis, new traps, new tiles....

it looks like the bonus characters & minis are actually what make up the "Hero" packs, but they are listed as FREE Bonus KS extras...

So, what gives?

thnks

If you backed the KS, you got the hero boxes "free". They're a separate retail product. Traps and tiles I think are all in the main game boxes.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Graham, thanks
I'm trying to get Orcs.
Looking at some options between retail and kickstarter editions.
Just was a bit confused looking at the KS page, because it shows a bunch of extra Tiles & Traps in the Stretch goals, and can't tell if they were kickstarter only, or added to the game for everyone.

thanks for clarifying about the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff's post near the top is correct on what was truly "not for retail". The remainder is in one of the retail boxes.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks ! So, confusing numbers or not, all the traps and tiles on kickstarter are in every box including retail. Great.

I'm looking at kickstarter editions, but just being sure

Now it's... do I want Both cores, or just one. Recent thread suggested (even the designer) that Unleashed was the better game (well, more wild, more active traps, as opposed to automatic, etc...)

I love the idea of fighting Goblins and Orcs, but, if the gameplay variety, strategy etc... is deeper or more involved in Unleashed, that could be better.

Anyone say FOR SOLO ONLY, is there benefit in having both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unchained isn't deeper, just a little weirder. For solo play, there's no real reason to get both, except for the sake of variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.