Popular Tags: [View All]
carmen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
winner of over text contest
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules and have a question on page 6. In the immediate effects example, the very first one, has icon of multi colored card with 4 pip dice and a cross. Text says "receive 1 faith point and perform action with value 4 to take card......pay 3 coins if tower occupied and take bonus resources from third/fourth floor". I'm confused by the last sentence, in order to go to third or fourth floor, you need dice value of 5 and 7. If I don't spend servants to increase value, and go to first or second level, do I get the third or fourth level bonus? If yes, which one?

We'll be playing our first game next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You only get the bonus if you increase the die value and actually take the third or fourth-level card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This could have been worded better, but in an earlier part of the rule book, it instructs that servants can always be spent to increase a die's value, no matter how you get the die, including virtual dice such as you reference.

That last sentence is simply telling that if you used servants with that card, you would take the bonuses associated with the five or seven tower spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
winner of over text contest
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Dan and Thomas for helping clarify. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.