3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Sleeves for Spyfall and Avalon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hever Bastion
msg tools
Hello!

Fairly new to the hobby here. Making the transition from Settlers of Catan and Ticket to ride to a wide variety of games!

I'm looking to pick up Avalon and Spyfall for my new gaming group, but I want to get sleeves if possible. I recently got UltraPro sleeves for Coup the Resistance and very happy with how that turned out...

Question is, which sleeves should I get?

I THINK these sleeves will fit Spyfall.
Fantasy Flight Clear Sleeves: Standard Card Game Pack
Fits Cards of This Size: 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (63.5 x 88 MM)

208 cards in the box, so going to spend more on sleeves than the game costs... but OK.

For Avalon:
I read somewhere that
Mayday Premium USA Chimera Card Sleeves 57.5 x 89 mm are what I need.

I also read somewhere that the quality isn't as good as the Fantasy Flight Sleeves?

Will these Chimera Card sleeves indeed fit Avalon? And, is there a better option or are these fine?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew L
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
woe to the conquered
badge
This is an ex-(Imperial Aquila)-parrot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings!

Here is the Geeklist that you are looking for:
Card Sleeve Sizes for Games

Here's the link, from that Geeklist, for Spyfall:
Card Sleeve Sizes for Games - Spyfall

And here's the link, from that Geeklist, for The Resistance: Avalon:
Card Sleeve Sizes for Games - The Resistance: Avalon

As for "which is better" - that is highly subjective, and you will probably receive a variety of answers. If you can access a FLGS, then I would recommend taking the time to see/feel the differences between the different offerings first-hand and see which you prefer.

/cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The big problem with Mayday sleeves is that, more than other brands, they vary a lot in size. Not within the same package -- but if you buy exactly the same sort of sleeves in 6 months as you do today you may find that the new sleeves are a lot shorter or taller than the ones you already have. It can be a real problem for games where you buy many expansions, as you don't want the new cards to be obvious due to how the sleeves fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.