Quantum» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Question about 4 player map Singularity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Quantum today and I am already planning how to teach it to my gaming group.

I noticed in the files section that there is a list of the maps layouts included in the box. One of them, for 4 players is called Singularity.

It is very, very small. I was wondering if any of you had the chance to play it and if so, what sort of game results from it?

We love "take that" games, the more aggressive the better.. but would Singularity be the best place in the universe to start?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are just starting out use the basic maps for 2-4 players. They are plenty aggressive. The other map variations require different strategies and shift the balance around. If you are just learning I wouldn't use them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris...

I'll wait with Singularity until we get the hang of it

Thanks again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
I haven't played Singularity yet, but from what I know of the game, it would be a brutal cage knife fight. Could either go quick, or drag on forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kenny
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
islan wrote:
Could either go quick, or drag on forever.

In my experience, small 4-player maps tend towards the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
I actually got to play Singularity finally a few weeks ago. It almost ended very quickly, with one player nearly wiping everyone off the board with his battleships. It ended up being more on the short side of medium, with one player pulling ahead pretty easily with Strategic and just a wall of his ships moving across the board in a sweep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.