Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family plays a ton of Legendary. The Marvel version. We also own Legendary Encounters Firefly. We haven't played nearly as much Firefly. The reason is that we seem to have a hard time wrapping our heads around exactly how all the cards work, are organized, etc.

For instance, when we tried to play the game with Episodes 4-6, we were tripped up by the fact that I had accidentally filed the "Booby Trap" card away with the other Ship Strikes, since that's what it looks like. Just now, we played a game with Episodes 7-9, and we got tripped up because of an error on "Scrap Shop" where the card instructed you to "Reveal" a card, then required you to do something only if you had "Discarded" a card with a /// on it (the game designer has apparently confirmed that the word "Reveal" should have said "Discard").

Essentially, we are still having trouble with some of the basic mechanics of each episode despite a wealth of experience with deck builders in general and Legendary in particular. I don't think we're particularly dense, but has anyone else had a similar experience? Also, has anyone put together a "tips and typos" document or something of the sort to help other players navigate this minefield? I really want to enjoy this game more than I've been able to so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest way to keep the different decks separated is to sleeve them in different color sleeves. I have done this since LE Aliens and it works wonders when it comes time to put the game away. It keeps those Ships Strikes from the episode decks out of the Ship Strike deck and makes setup and tear down a joy instead of a shore.

My sleeves are as follows:
White - Supporting Characters
White - Episode Cards
White - Talents & Flaws
Black - Ship Upgrades
Red - Crew Strikes
Yellow - Ship Strikes
Green - Objective Cards
Blue - Main Characters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.