12 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: items card for Frontier Town Items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norway
Evje
flag msg tools
I wondered where I could buy items card for Frontier Town Items, as it was not included in the base game?
It loses some of the fun when I have to write down the upgrades purchased in the frontier town

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Look around at printerstudio.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be out of luck at Printer Studio, I noticed the other day that a large number of decks have gone "missing".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered the town items a few weeks ago and received them. I ordered the mutations deck as well, but that part of my order got canceled due to copyright concerns. The darn Frogs can be frustrating at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out http://cardfactory.kbelisle.ca, where you can generate any card you can imagine and print it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Franck
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's frustrating. One of the things I really liked about this game was how friendly they were with custom designs and community content. I hate it to see that change. GW syndrom ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible they have decided to create these cards themselves.

Regardless, it was bound to happen at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created my own cards using Klutz's awesome tool. It was fun. Plus, I got to design 'em exactly how I preferred thus satisfying my OCDness about custom content.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
pfranck wrote:
That's frustrating. One of the things I really liked about this game was how friendly they were with custom designs and community content. I hate it to see that change. GW syndrom ?

It's not like it's a recent change... They asked me to stop making cards for town items and Madness/Injury/Mutation back in October of 2014. At that time they also said they were planning to release similar cards with artwork in the future - AFAIK, they haven't said anything about that since.

Although, to be fair, they haven't ever said anything negative about people making actual custom content - the only thing they've asked people NOT to do is reproduce any text from their game sheets and rulebooks. They seem totally ok with the Jargono Swamp Village, custom heroes, and custom character sheets. Also, my XP cards and money cards on Printer Studio are still available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bekal Lakeb
Canada
flag msg tools
Yes, well, the reason why I don't buy anything more of this collection is precisely the fact that there aren't cards for every item you can have in your inventory. Like someone already pointed out, it is frustrating to have two systems of recording your equipment: this game needs cards for everything. We tried to play with written character sheets, buy it just doesn't work well, it's bad for immersion.
I am truly sad the fanmade cards aren't available anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
falloutbass
msg tools
Bekal wrote:
Yes, well, the reason why I don't buy anything more of this collection is precisely the fact that there aren't cards for every item you can have in your inventory. Like someone already pointed out, it is frustrating to have two systems of recording your equipment: this game needs cards for everything. We tried to play with written character sheets, buy it just doesn't work well, it's bad for immersion.
I am truly sad the fanmade cards aren't available anymore.

i am a longtime fan of D&D, so using the custom made character sheets suits my group pretty well. the less cards on the table at once, the better in my opinion. to each their own, but having all of your info on your sheet in front of you just makes more sense to me. happy brimstoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 questions

1. has anybody compiled images for the newer frontier town locations (such as the smugglers den, street market, etc)?

If no one has already, I might add just my pictures (not actual cards) so other people can use them.

I'm putting together my own set of cards based on all the great fan resources.

2. Now as I understand it, FFG won't allow printerstudio to just have the cards sitting up there pre-made, but it's ok if I do it myself (making each card from Klutz's card factory). I just dont want to put all this work in and printerstudio won't print anything related to SoB out of fear.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.