Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a strange one but someone in my gaming group brought Too Many Bones along to play for the first time yesterday. It was awesome!! And he was so passionate about the game, which made it a really fun experience for all of us playing.

There was one problem, however. One of the players put his cup of tea on his character reference sheet!! I guess none of us noticed for a while until the owner very nicely asked him to remove it. It turned out the cup had completely damaged the character reference sheet! It has got all bent out of shape and has a permanent cup ring indent! Unbelievable! The player didn't apologise and no more was said, but I could tell the guy who brought the game really cared about the game and looked after it, and I'n really upset it has been damaged for him after one play! It's also not a cheap game!

Any recommendations as to how I could acquire a replacement character sheet for him? I assume these can't be bought separately anywhere? There's obviously the added complication that it isn't my game (plus the game didn't arrive fauly), so I don't know how easy obtaining a replacement would be. I have to say, I haven't come across a situation like this before!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are willing to print one out, there is new revised copies of all the character sheets online on their site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuffin89 wrote:
The player didn't apologise ......Unbelievable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They will be offering a 2nd printing upgrade pack with updated character sheets and cards this summer. No price announcement yet, but maybe your group can split the cost of it with him or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuffin89 wrote:
This is a strange one but someone in my gaming group brought Too Many Bones along to play for the first time yesterday. It was awesome!! And he was so passionate about the game, which made it a really fun experience for all of us playing.

There was one problem, however. One of the players put his cup of tea on his character reference sheet!! I guess none of us noticed for a while until the owner very nicely asked him to remove it. It turned out the cup had completely damaged the character reference sheet! It has got all bent out of shape and has a permanent cup ring indent! Unbelievable! The player didn't apologise and no more was said, but I could tell the guy who brought the game really cared about the game and looked after it, and I'n really upset it has been damaged for him after one play! It's also not a cheap game!

Any recommendations as to how I could acquire a replacement character sheet for him? I assume these can't be bought separately anywhere? There's obviously the added complication that it isn't my game (plus the game didn't arrive fauly), so I don't know how easy obtaining a replacement would be. I have to say, I haven't come across a situation like this before!

Hi Sam, glad you enjoyed it! I'm the owner of said game from yesterday's meetup.

The problem with the character sheet was a real shame
But luckily the character reference sheet is really sturdy and apart from some slight discoloration, everything is still legible and there should be no lasting gameplay impact.

You don't have to worry about a replacement.
It would be good though for the boardgame meetup hosts to occasionally remind people to be careful with other people's games and treat them like they'd treat their own (even though this should be common sense!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
orson9999999 wrote:
They will be offering a 2nd printing upgrade pack with updated character sheets and cards this summer. No price announcement yet, but maybe your group can split the cost of it with him or something.

That's interesting... I might consider getting the upgrade pack regardless (as the updated reference sheets are really cool).

So maybe if someone else in the gaming group buys Too Many Bones, they can order the upgrade pack for me (which will presumably save on shipping costs) and I will pay for the price of the pack itself (excluding shipping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Class act George. Everyone should be like you.

And everyone should remember to treat other people's games with respect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:
orson9999999 wrote:

That's interesting... I might consider getting the upgrade pack regardless (as the updated reference sheets are really cool).

So maybe if someone else in the gaming group buys Too Many Bones, they can order the upgrade pack for me (which will presumably save on shipping costs) and I will pay for the price of the pack itself (excluding shipping).

I'm not in your gaming group, but after seeing you handle a potentially ugly situation with class, I'm paying for your upgrade pack when it goes live.

Seriously. My email is jasonmillerbgg@gmail.com. Shoot me an email and we can figure out logistics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:

I'm not in your gaming group, but after seeing you handle a potentially ugly situation with class, I'm paying for your upgrade pack when it goes live.

Seriously. My email is jasonmillerbgg@gmail.com. Shoot me an email and we can figure out logistics.

Wow.. So generous of you!
Lets wait until the upgrade pack goes live, and we can work something out ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laserjudas wrote:
nobody82b wrote:
orson9999999 wrote:

Wow I didn't have time to access BGG over the last couple of days and so have only just seen this. Thanks so much Jason, great outcome for George. I agree he handled the situation so well which is what prompted me to see what I could do to help him in the first place! I wasn't even aware of the upgrade packs coming out. Thanks a lot for your generosity. What a lovely community we have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently we found the weakness of the nearly-indestructible plastic cards and sheets: hot mugs. I wonder if there was just a little bit of melting happening.

Glad to hear the generous BGG community is helping you out. Lack of respect for others' propery is part of why I've stopped going to public meetups. It's not many people, but it's enough that I usually see one or two cringeworthy moments at any of the bigger local public meetups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is absolutely amazing. I tip my hat to all three of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this topic has come to an interesting development.
Last week I solved the Riddle.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1755555/riddle/page/1

So I was expecting to receive a special reward (I am not going to spoil it).

Today the postman came, and besides the expected reward, my package also included... a complete set of brand new character reference sheets!!

I can only assume that the amazing guys at Chip Theory Games read this thread and decided to replace my character sheets! Many thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gannaway
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:

Today the postman came, and besides the expected reward, my package also included... a complete set of brand new character reference sheets!!

I can only assume that the amazing guys at Chip Theory Games read this thread and decided to replace my character sheets! Many thanks!!

Wow! That is really cool. I have been extremely impressed with how the guys at Chip Theory Games have run this Kickstarter campaign and their company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
jiistme wrote:
nobody82b wrote:

Wow! That is really cool. I have been extremely impressed with how the guys at Chip Theory Games have run this Kickstarter campaign and their company.

They are definitely a couple of class act guys!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:

Wow, that's awesome! The guys at CTG are seriously amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobody82b wrote:

What awesome news!! The whole situation quite upset me so I'm really glad you've got a resolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't always have time to reply, but we are *always* watching

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
We don't always have time to reply, but we are *always* watching

Enjoy!

You're making me want to buy my own copy of Too Many Bones now!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have full copies here in the UK. A few people in a group buy pulled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moodyb wrote:
I still have full copies here in the UK. A few people in a group buy pulled out.

That sucks! I hope you'll get it sorted out and find someone to buy the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Plach
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully Gavin was prepared to send one "all in-pledge" over to me in Germany!
Sooo nice! Was able to play today 1st run with 2 of my sons - we all loved it.
The shame of the "pull-outers" was a blessing to me!kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedwaysupporter wrote:
Thankfully Gavin was prepared to send one "all in-pledge" over to me in Germany!
Sooo nice! Was able to play today 1st run with 2 of my sons - we all loved it.
The shame of the "pull-outers" was a blessing to me!kiss

Glad you and your sons enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.