Hide
4 Posts

Burning Suns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Patron ideology balance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Thorup Jensen
msg tools
I've just played my first game, which was quite enjoyable. I'm a bit concerned with the patron ideology ability, that makes your fleets unattackable if they number less than four ship. If I understand correctly, this makes planets in the system unassaultable as well, since you can't assault a planet if there is an opposing fleet in the system. This effectively allows a patron player to block multiple systems from enemy attacks. The only way around this I can see is the use of offensive diplomacy, but this wont work on uninhabited planets making them impervious to hostile actions. Am I missing something? How do you effectly counter a patron player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Oelfke
msg tools
Winning over antimatter;-D

Block him too.
Diplomacy.
Work 2 vs 1.
Play assasins

He get this benefit if his Power level is high... steal hin antimatter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Takeshi
msg tools
jensthorupjensen wrote:
I've just played my first game, which was quite enjoyable. I'm a bit concerned with the patron ideology ability, that makes your fleets unattackable if they number less than four ship. If I understand correctly, this makes planets in the system unassaultable as well, since you can't assault a planet if there is an opposing fleet in the system. This effectively allows a patron player to block multiple systems from enemy attacks. The only way around this I can see is the use of offensive diplomacy, but this wont work on uninhabited planets making them impervious to hostile actions. Am I missing something? How do you effectly counter a patron player?

You should check the mini glossary at the end of the manual.
It states, that the term "opposing fleet" is applicable to fleets with minimum 4 ships.

If I understand this correctly, that means that only fleets with 4+ ships block assault and stop movement through systems in which they are stationed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jens: As George points out, there is a gab there. So if you keep your fleet under 4 ships, you can't be attacked (with the Patron ability), however you can't block anyone either.

As soon as you block others, you also become a target for their fleets again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.