Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I barricaded the door my first game and then after a while the app told me a monster busted through the door. I just put him in the entry room but should I have made the monster make a check to see if it got through the barricaded door or was barricading this door useless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Alfredsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel pretty sure you should have placed the monster on the other side of the door and made a test every mythos phase until the monster really breaks through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
dewinduvae wrote:
I feel pretty sure you should have placed the monster on the other side of the door and made a test every mythos phase until the monster really breaks through.

FWIW, I played it the opposite way, following the app's instructions, when we did this exact same thing.

I have no idea what is the correct approach (though "do what the app says" is pretty good rule-of-thumb).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app doesn't know you placed a barricade on the door. So you would need to do a barricade check to see if it breaks through it or not. Then as dewinduvae stated continue those until it successfully breaks through.

This is how I would play it at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I replayed it again an hour ago and, while the app doesn't know if you placed a barricade or not, the app does specifically say remove the barricade from the door when it says the monster bursts through, so I think this is just an "FU" from the game if you wasted an action barricading the door. Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
I replayed it again an hour ago and, while the app doesn't know if you placed a barricade or not, the app does specifically say remove the barricade from the door when it says the monster bursts through, so I think this is just an "FU" from the game if you wasted an action barricading the door. Nice.

Yes. That particular bit was patched in precisely to answer your question, as it was missing from the first release of the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario antunes
msg tools
They should had patched in some reward for the players because they did waste an action putting a barricade
Something like
If there was a barricade, the monster destroys it but get hurt in the process. The monster take 1 damage for each investigator in the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.