Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Ghostbusters: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghost Movement Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin Spencer
msg tools
Couple questions about Ghost movements.

1. Ghosts prefer going diagonal but also prefer not being obstructed when moving. If both movements to a target are the same amount of spaces, but going diagonal will cause the ghost to pass through a ghostbuster or a wall etc, will it prefer that way, or would if prefer not going diagonal and going around the ghostbuster/object to get to the target?

2. Some Ghost have multiple parts of a movement. For example a ghost moves two spaces towards a target, then a random die roll. If the Ghost moves two spaces towards a target and then lands on that space, does the ghost a) moves one more time to get out of the ghostbuster's space and then rolls the random die to move again once in a space of it's own Or b) the ghost moves two and lands on the ghostbuster, then rolls the random die that would in turn get him off the ghostbuster space, and into a space of it's own.

3. If a Ghost has 2 movements towards a target, and it's in an adjacent square, how does that move play out? It would take one move into the ghostbusters square and for it's second move it would just continue in the same direction until it's in it's own square? Not sure if a ghost will ever have 3 movements towards a target, but in that hypothetical, would the ghost move into ghostbuster space for turn one, continue into a space of it's own for turn 2, then move back into the ghostbuster's space for turn 3. And since it ended it's turn in the ghostbusters space, it would continue one more space, into a space of it's own?

Thank you for your time, loving the game so far!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeJupiter wrote:
1. Ghosts prefer going diagonal but also prefer not being obstructed when moving. If both movements to a target are the same amount of spaces, but going diagonal will cause the ghost to pass through a ghostbuster or a wall etc, will it prefer that way, or would if prefer not going diagonal and going around the ghostbuster/object to get to the target?


The ghost will always go diagonal first, as it is the shortest distance to the target. The "going around obstructions" rule primarily applies to two equidistant paths to the same target, but when applying "diagonal first", it has never come up for me.

DukeJupiter wrote:
2. Some Ghost have multiple parts of a movement. For example a ghost moves two spaces towards a target, then a random die roll. If the Ghost moves two spaces towards a target and then lands on that space, does the ghost a) moves one more time to get out of the ghostbuster's space and then rolls the random die to move again once in a space of it's own Or b) the ghost moves two and lands on the ghostbuster, then rolls the random die that would in turn get him off the ghostbuster space, and into a space of it's own.


Complete the entire movement (2 spaces, then random) first. The ghost will move two spaces, then one randomly, and at that time if he is in a space with a Ghostbuster or another ghost, he'll move one more space in the same direction as the random direction.

DukeJupiter wrote:
3. If a Ghost has 2 movements towards a target, and it's in an adjacent square, how does that move play out? It would take one move into the ghostbusters square and for it's second move it would just continue in the same direction until it's in it's own square? Not sure if a ghost will ever have 3 movements towards a target, but in that hypothetical, would the ghost move into ghostbuster space for turn one, continue into a space of it's own for turn 2, then move back into the ghostbuster's space for turn 3. And since it ended it's turn in the ghostbusters space, it would continue one more space, into a space of it's own?/


The ghost will move two spaces to toward the Ghostbuster, passing through it. It will not turn around and go back after passing the GB, nor will it stop once it reached the target.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.