Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dopey68 Gerty Wouters
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
what if you replaced all your assistants from your President to another location and cause of that on your next turn your pool of assistants is (still) empty. Then you can't place any assistants? What to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take back your president in hand, take back any number of assistants you wish and skip to additional action of your turn. Reference: Movement step, option a) p.6 of rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you would do a removal action of taking your president and any assistants you chose from area(s) to your hand.
This would be your main action for that turn (page 6, top left of rulebook).

Edit: ninja'd by Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
[[img]https://boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Krsnaji&numitems=5&header=1&text=title&images=medium&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=left&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1[/img]
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question, but I'll take stab at answering it anyway (Hey,it's Sunday morning):
If your boss has no where to to go because you have no adjacent worker to your boss, you'd remove him from the board to your pool. On your next turn you place your boss where you have a worker(s) to do the action and collect the drones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Morris
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I believe you're allowed to place zero assistants in your placement phase.
Then you move onto the movement phase. If you have a legal place to move your President you can do so and take the action as normal. If you can't move your President then you must take him back into your hand, along with as many assistants out on the board as you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogtorted wrote:
Then you move onto the movement phase. If you have a legal place to move your President you can do so and take the action as normal. If you can't move your President then you must take him back into your hand, along with as many assistants out on the board as you wish.

Although you certainly could house rule it that way, I don't think the rules allow it as written. Page 5, right column does say that "Steps 1 to 3 and 6 are compulsory," with step 1 being placement of Assistants, so that cannot be skipped. Further down that same column, the last bullet point of placement says "If you do not have enough Assistant pawns in hand to place, or if you choose not to, you do not need to place all 3 Assistant pawns. In other words, you may place 1, 2 or 3 Assistant pawns." (emphasis mine). No mention of placing zero Assistants.

I think the moral is to be careful not to run yourself out of Assistants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tazzmann wrote:
Dogtorted wrote:

Although you certainly could house rule it that way, I don't think the rules allow it as written. Page 5, right column does say that "Steps 1 to 3 and 6 are compulsory," with step 1 being placement of Assistants, so that cannot be skipped. Further down that same column, the last bullet point of placement says "If you do not have enough Assistant pawns in hand to place, or if you choose not to, you do not need to place all 3 Assistant pawns. In other words, you may place 1, 2 or 3 Assistant pawns." (emphasis mine). No mention of placing zero Assistants.

I think the moral is to be careful not to run yourself out of Assistants.

You are allowed to place zero assistants, you just won't want to. Certainly if you're out of assistants, then you can't place more than 0.

That rule you cite COULD have said "0, 1, 2, or 3 assistants". Sorry for the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.