United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be that they're waiting to see if it will be popular and hyped enough to make it worth their time versus all the other games that have come out and they might want to design inserts for. Those I nserts are not cheap to buy and a game has to not only sell well, but also be loved enough for a whole bunch of people to justify poring that much extra money into a non-gameplay related upgrade. To boot, the original Rum & Bones didn't exactly hit the ground running so that's hardly a confidence booster.

Also the fact that it "needs" an insert so badly is also a sign that relative to their average insert one for R&B would probably (A) be much more complicated and time consuming to design/test and (B) require much more wood and detailed cutting (READ: it would be much higher priced). It would be a rather questionable decision for a small business owner to spend a ton of time/resources designing, testing, and validating an insert that there might not be much demand for and/or that might require a high cost that would price out most potential customers demanding it anyway. This is especially true when there are sooo many other equally or more popular games out there that would require less time and a lower price point.

Finally, there's the logistical issue of either trying to acceptably fit the components for all 5 factions, the mercenaries, and general components into a single insert for the core box (physically impossible IMO) or spending even more time/energy designing, testing, and validating yet another insert for the expansion boxes which your potentially customers will also have to be willing/able to justify buying.

Honestly, I really think there's just not enough hype and excitement around R&B right now relative to the absurd amount of stuff involved for any of the insert companies to prioritize it over a lot of other extremely popular games that have come out in the last year or two. Not to mention, that also doesn't even begin to address how they would deal with the original R&B material with/without the upgrade kit either since it kinda carries that baggage with it.

Hell, as far as I know Zombicide: Black Plague doesn't even have its own organizer yet and that released to a lot more fan fare AND there were already a bunch of (non-crosscompatible) organizers for the original series. Maybe we'll get lucky, but I'm definitely moving forward with my own plans for organizing it now.

EDIT: Typos really bug me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby Griggs from Go 7 Gaming told me RBST was in his "top four" he wanted to work on after Gloomhaven. So we might see something from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:
Bobby Griggs from Go 7 Gaming told me RBST was in his "top four" he wanted to work on after Gloomhaven. So we might see something from them.

I hope Conan was one of the other 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Friedmutant wrote:

Design is progressing nicely. Should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go7 Gaming inserts are available now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.