M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a fairly complex Subscriptions scheme so it's always possible that I haven't got my settings quite right, but let me explain:

I have a subscription to Family: Arkham Horror, but because I have no interest in Arkham Horror: The Card Game I have blocked Family: Arkham Horror the Card Game so that I see neither the base game nor any of its current or future expansions.

However, when I visit my Subscriptions (and my landing page for BGG is "Subscriptions", which by default is the "Items" view) I occasionally see AHtCG forum posts that show as being from my Arkham Horror subscription. When I go to "Items by Subscription" to double-check, that item is shown as part of my subscription to the Arkham Horror family.

Given how many posts are being made to AHtCG forums, I would expect that I'd get a metric boatload of posts (which is why I set up the block), but I don't and those that do come through seem to be for recent Mythos Packs (which, I check, are members of the AHtCG Family, the one I block).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
I'd check the settings on your block for Family: Arkham Horror the Card Game. It is possible that you have it set to block replies but not threads, or vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Unfortunately, my default settings for Block are "Block" for everything except Blog Posts. My Block on AHtCG is "Default" for everything. So as far as I can tell, I should be seeing absolutely nothing to do with AHtCG, but I'm receiving Subscription Items for AHtCG threads in my Family: Arkham Horror subscription.

There are loads of threads in the Arkham Horror: The Card Game – The Essex County Express: Mythos Pack forum, but I don't receive them all as part of my Arkham Horror Family subscription - just this one recently Spoiler: Resolution question and previous to that, this one Antoine's Review of the Miskatonic Museum mythos pack. There's 14 of 88 threads in my Arkham Horror Family subscription that are AHtCG threads - they aren't items that I have directly subscribed to either.

If there was a problem with my Block, I'd be getting a lot more than 14 AHtCG threads/replies in my AH Family subscription. In fact, I used to receive a metric boatload, which is why I blocked the AHtCG Family (so I didn't have to manually block each Mythos Pack as it was published).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.