Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh A
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the grappling hook on the player board it says, "Re-roll seamanship". The rules say that for this weapon, you can re-roll ANY NUMBER of dice. In other words the word "re-roll" on the playerboard implies "any number" even though not explicitly written. Does this mean that whenever I see the text "re-roll" in other areas by itself, I should assume it means "re-roll any number" of dice? Or is this just a special case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Angel
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Josh,
When you declare a Boarding action due seamanship contest, you can discard your hooks to re-roll your whole seamanship roll or just any dice without succses (Jolly Roger) on them.
I think there is no case where it's writen only "re-roll" without specifying what to re-roll
I hope you will understand me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, the player board is simply a condensed reminder. In the absence of an errata, always go with the full rules.

As for the second part of your question, I would have to see each instance in order to properly give an interpretation. In general, if say a Glory card read "you may reroll yours or your opponent's seamanship", then I would think that means you cannot choose only some of the dice to reroll while excluding others of that player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sikuma wrote:
I think there is no case where it's writen only "re-roll" without specifying what to re-roll

Desiderata wrote:
In general, if say a Glory card read "you may reroll yours or your opponent's seamanship", then I would think that means you cannot choose only some of the dice to reroll while excluding others of that player.

In most (all?) cases within the game the full text of the rule or card specifically says what can be re-rolled, so don't make any assumptions about one card or effect based on a completely different one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.