Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Progress: Evolution of Technology

Progress on MM

This seems to have had mixed reviews, but it looks like it's a decent tech-tree building civ game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
I'm a weasel!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gets decent ratings on BGG. And 1.4K votes, can't be that bad. Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this once when it first came out. It was a fun experience, but was going for around $35 online for the longest time. I though that was too high for what is essentially a card game with a board.

If this sale had happened a couple of years ago, I'd be all over it, but right now I'm saving for BGG Spring (and maybe Gloomhaven).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I really like the game. The tech tree on the player boards reminds me of Hansa Teutonica, and the card play reminds me of 7 Wonders, but with more interesting choices about whether you decide to go step-by-step up the ladder to play cards for free or you just pay the cost and jump ahead on the ladder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information!

I had some reward points available and with shipping I got it for $17. That's a steal. If I don't like it I am sure I can get at least $17 back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do own this game and would gladly trade it away. There are some majorly broken game mechanics in a 2 player game where you can simply sit on power cards and force your opponent to have less actions per turn and win by holding onto cards. Since there is a limit to the number of action upgrade cards, this becomes huge. This game, the last few times I've played, has turned into a race to purge the draw pile of action upgrades to force the opponent to have less turns and basically run away with the game.

I wouldn't choose to play this game over roll for the galaxy, 7 wonders, or 7 wonders duel. These are the only civ building games I own and by far this is and always will be the least played. Although it has a larger allowance of players than 7 wonders duel, it drags for any more than 2 or 3 players.

Just my opinion, I bought it for $16 from coolstuffinc over a year ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.