Ivan Kosak
Croatia
Petrinja
Sisacko moslavacka zupanija
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.google.hr/search?q=race+for+the+galaxy+front&rlz...

1048x1500
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... I shall... also... explore.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

OP deleted their post shake

First rule of BGG: ALWAYS quote the OP in your reply...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stone
Australia
Wavell Heights
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have no idea what this post was about.
That said, on the topic of Race's box front image:
I recently photographed my box lid, and uploaded the image to Zazzle, hoping to make a nice soft fleece blanket with the RftG box cover as its design.

Awesome birthday gift for my wife, I thought.
She loves the game, and she often has a blanket on her knees when we play games.
Later transpired that Zazzle cancelled my order for fear of possible copyright contravention.
I understand, although its a bit disappointing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Try Artscow; they have fleece blankets, and seem to have fewer issues with copyrights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
JuanLiShai wrote:
I have no idea what this post was about.
That said, on the topic of Race's box front image:
I recently photographed my box lid, and uploaded the image to Zazzle, hoping to make a nice soft fleece blanket with the RftG box cover as its design.

Awesome birthday gift for my wife, I thought.
She loves the game, and she often has a blanket on her knees when we play games.
Later transpired that Zazzle cancelled my order for fear of possible copyright contravention.
I understand, although its a bit disappointing...

That was a great idea!

Also, for either Artscow or Zazzle - the designer is active on BGG - you could Geekmail him and ask permission. Since it's for your personal use, he might not mind - if anything, it spreads the word about the game to those who see it. That's assuming it's his permission to give and not RGG, I have no idea Although Jay Tummelson of RGG is also active on BGG and likely reachable by Geekmail as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(armchair copyright lawyer mode)

Since we're talking artwork, I think the rights belong to the artist, not the game designer or publisher (very easily could be wrong here). I don't even know who the artist is (I assume I could look it up in the rule book) let alone whether they are active on BGG or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The artwork was licensed to RGG for use in both the game itself and all derivative products (but with the artists receiving a fee for the art usage in commercial products, for example, in the RFTG app), so RGG is the one to contact if you have licensing questions.

That being said, as long as the usage is *both* personal and non-commercial, I don't believe RGG would have any problem with you reusing a Race image (and such usage is generally covered under "fair use" in many countries). Beyond this, you should contact RGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
fardoche wrote:

OP deleted their post shake

First rule of BGG: ALWAYS quote the OP in your reply...ninja

The first reply from Sadistiko gave me the solution I needed. I then deleted both my posts because of personal reasons (specific situation I can't go into right now) and contacted an admin asking them to delete the whole thread before it spirales out of control. Unfortunately they seem to have ignored me completely and I received no reply to my PM.

No offense to anyone. Just get used to this fact - the galaxy is a mysterious and unpredictable place...

Keep calm and play Race for the Galaxy !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.