Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states something along the lines of "you can choose to read the flavour text to yourself silently if you plan to replay the game as the other side". I don't really plan this, but is anything lost or spoiled if you read the flavour text out loud? Will you be privy to information that might spoil the "story for your side" or break the immersive feeling of uncovering your own information about the plot?

Obviously haven't played yet and have no idea about the sort of information that is on the cards, so any advice on this issue appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 1.5 campaigns, and we read the flavor silently.

I think you should read it aloud. We have had a snowball effect in our games where one player is getting all the unlocks, while the other player twiddled his thumbs. The story isn't amazing, but getting both sides of it while playing might improve the immersion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lou ser
msg tools
What do you mean by 1,5 campaigns ?

I'm about to get the game and I'm wondering if we should try to "save" the game and read silently in order to be able to play both sides, but I don't know if it's worth it and you seem to think it's not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.5 campaigns = a complete full campaign and about half way through a second campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.