Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Did anyone play with the bonus tiles on Tabletopia already? Any feedback regarding balancing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovatormentor wrote:
Did anyone play with the bonus tiles on Tabletopia already? Any feedback regarding balancing?
I haven't had them come up yet. Is there a place on the table where the extras are held so I can manually select them instead of letting TT auto-select?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There is a draw pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you zoom out all the way, you should be able to see the unused tiles stacked up in the upper left corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George S
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only solo plays so far on Tabletopia.

From 10 games that I have played the last 2 had the new scoring tile and 0 the new port tile.

Although I can't find it's meaning in the rules, I assume that the scoring tile gives 2 vp for each unit placed on a spot that costs 5 or 6 coins.

Well, I think that it's pretty easy to earn 10-12 points if it shows up at the end. At the start it's more difficult. I really liked the combo: contracts that give an expansion without placement cost + expand on 5/6 coin spots.

Overall, I think it's balanced.

Btw, what does the new port tile means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
George S wrote:
Btw, what does the new port tile means?

Something like: "you can pay to use the others ports abilities", but I don´t remember the exact words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juma Al-JouJou
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Scoring tile #9:
Get 2 Glory for each of your occupied hex spaces with the cost of £5 or £6.

Port tile #9:
Pay £3 and use any one of the other three port tiles in play. Put your port marker on this port tile # 9. This means you can potentially use one other port bonus twice in the game.

Clan MacEwen:
Each time you fulfill an Export contract which gives you Hops, you can immediately produce 1 Beer for each unit of Hops imported at the cost of 1 Grain each. For each unit of Beer produced, you receive a certain amount of money that you can look up here and that may be tweaked after more playtesting: URL
You can produce max. 3 beer per contract.

We thought 9 pounds per beer might be balanced but since we didnt playtest this yet the clan tile will have no value on the coin. 9 pounds could end up being too little or too much, it is hard to judge without having playtested it yet.

We upload the new clan tile and the updated rules with the explanations to Tabletopia today, so please try the new clan out and let us know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clan MacEwen added.
All new tile explanations are now in Tabletopia's English rulebook, p10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Notting
msg tools
Had a solo game with the 5/6 scoring tile today. I chose Clan MacDonald. My total score was only 98VP, but in this case I think I was hampered a fair bit by the scoring tiles.

In the first round the scoring tile was the Cotton/Tobacco/Sugar tile. I think I scored 4 points for this after managing to complete a cotton contract.

The 5/6 scoring tile was in the second round. I found it didn't really work all that well with Clan MacDonald as I didn't really have a strong incentive to place my workers on the land (No cost for loch placement, and same 4 pound income). I also didn't really want to use the 5/6 spaces as I wanted to expand onto the cheaper spaces in shipping reach in order to maximise my settlements and future production. Also I had a couple meat contracts that I wanted to utilise the 2 and 3 point spaces for. I think I scored 1 or 2 points for the scoring tile in this case.

In total my glory ended up being 23. It really didn't gel in this game. I just completed 9 settlements in the last round however decided against taking any more contracts due to the cost vs. benefit. I think I'll have to work with Clan MacDonald a bit further to see if I can get it to all click. Need to rethink my strategy regarding scoring tiles I think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.