United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the latest update:

Quote:
The Myth property is being purchased. When the contracts are finalized we will answer all your questions (including replacement questions). This has been an extremely long process. It still isn't finished, but it is very close. We still have to be careful with the NDA because the whole thing could collapse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer that is still waiting on the items I ordered to play the 2.0 version (2 Manuals and 2 sets of all the cards to replace the ones I have from the first KS that Nikki never shipped me after I emailed her and who ever is running that email now.) of the game (AS I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE THEM OR GET A REPLY BACK ON EMAILS) this should have been done AFTER the kickstarter stuff was delivered or the NDA should have had some leeway to continue to service the backers that help make this project what it is and that have already PAID you money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Final bets for who the Myth purchaser is?

It's possible that it's FFG wanting a new IP after Warhammer was taken away, but I'll go for Wayland Games as the best fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abrams
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking CMON or someone big trying to flesh out their line, but now I'm not so sure. It could be someone smaller making a move.

It's a great property, and there is a fantastic game in there that I feel like Megacon was only just starting to get at with this second wave. I hope that whoever buys it is able to bring it to the forefront.

More selfishly, I also hope that the new owners maybe offer a print only upgrade pack for us existing owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hebart-Coleman
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darby_ wrote:

It's possible that it's FFG wanting a new IP after Warhammer was taken away, but I'll go for Wayland Games as the best fit.

Why Wayland Games as a best fit - I am curious as they appear to be retailers rather than publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am almost 100% certain it will not be FFG or CMON. Both companies already have plenty of fantasy IP's so it would make no sense to obtain another. FFG has their whole Runebound line including Descent, Runebound and now their Runewars miniature game. CMON has Massive Darkness arriving this July and has their Arcadia line as well.

As for who is purchasing Myth, the possibilities are endless. All I can say is that firstly, I am thrilled to hear that the balance of the Journeyman Kickstarter will ship all at once. I am really looking forward to receiving the balance of my pledge.

Secondly, I really hope that the new owners of Myth continue to support it. Myth is a lot of fun and I think it would be great to see it continue to evolve with the Master Level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Buitelaar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure who it would be.

Didn't the guys who celared up the rulebook to 2.0 also work on x-wing?
That might give an in to FFG.

But FFG is already in the middle of launching their own huge fantasy game.
They have a dungeon-crawl and mass battle game.

Maybe asmodee themselves? They scooped up FFG, might be in the market for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Voivod wrote:

Didn't the guys who celared up the rulebook to 2.0 also work on x-wing?
That might give an in to FFG.

But FFG is already in the middle of launching their own huge fantasy game.
They have a dungeon-crawl and mass battle game.

I think Asmodee is done with their acquisitions phase and is working on their 'Make fat cash' phase.
I would rule them out as they only seem to be interested in studios and not single titles even if they were still in their property acquisitions phase.

If anything I can see it being a video game company wanting and IP to turn into a digital and physical property.

However, the fact that it's mentioned that it could collapse? I'm not sure what to make of that statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Voivod wrote:

Asmodee seems to scoop up whole game companies rather than individual properties. So I doubt Asmodee.

It will be interesting to see who picks it up and what they do with it. Myth itself lacks a lot of actual background. So the value in the IP is the visual and game play. Both of which is heavily tied to MegaCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VeganGuy wrote:
The_Voivod wrote:

Asmodee seems to scoop up whole game companies rather than individual properties. So I doubt Asmodee.

It will be interesting to see who picks it up and what they do with it. Myth itself lacks a lot of actual background. So the value in the IP is the visual and game play. Both of which is heavily tied to MegaCon.

Catan...from Mayfair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
davidcoleman wrote:
Darby_ wrote:

Why Wayland Games as a best fit - I am curious as they appear to be retailers rather than publishers.

Someone here mentioned that it was them, although they could have been trolling. Someone else said that they were fans of Myth.

They've also just acquired Wild West Exodus and have created a new development studio to work on it. So, a company with a retail background that's been looking for 'troubled' IPs to buy and develop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

However, the fact that it's mentioned that it could collapse? I'm not sure what to make of that statement.

It means they still need final signatures. Until everyone signs on the dotted line the deal could fall through.

Though likely it's close to completion as it would be something to announce at Gencon or at the latest Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a miniatures company like Mantic? Or someone else that already has miniature games in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with others that CMON and FFG are unlikely fits for this. CMON has Massive Darkness and FFG has Descent 2.0 which both do the same thing that Myth does.

I also would not put any stock in any names that others are throwing out. No one is speaking from fact when they say "X company is going to buy the property." They're pulling things out of their ass.

So people stating Wayland Games or Stonemaier Games as fact are fabricating lies at this point. The most we can do is speculate at this point which I've gathered plenty of popcorn to watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darby_ wrote:

WinGo Industry Ltd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
051276 wrote:
VeganGuy wrote:
The_Voivod wrote:

Catan...from Mayfair

Correction: Catan Studios.
Not just Catan the game but the entire development team and studio behind it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
051276 wrote:
VeganGuy wrote:
The_Voivod wrote:

Catan...from Mayfair

Correction: Catan Studios.
Not just Catan the game but the entire development team and studio behind it.

Catan is a game line the was owned by Mayfair then Bought by Asmodee. Then turned into Catan Studios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Rik Falch is making a comeback with Up Front: Myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayland Games is actually a fan of Mercs and Myth by Megacon Games and with the recent purchase of Wild West Exodus I would not be surprised if they were looking to widen their brand of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VeganGuy wrote:
Ghool wrote:

It means they still need final signatures. Until everyone signs on the dotted line the deal could fall through.

Exactly that, no matter how confident you are of the deal happening until the signatures are there any deal can fall through suddenly and at the last moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Greening
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone suggested Adam Poots as a potential buyer yet. Hes supported Myth before and is looking to expand into a form of Dungeon Crawl?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Miniature Market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Or Miniature Market?

That would be bad. Miniature Market buys the remaining stock of dead lines and dead companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Darby_ wrote:

Parker Brothers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
martimer wrote:
Or Miniature Market?

That would be bad. Miniature Market buys the remaining stock of dead lines and dead companies.
Yes, and they are also branching out into development and expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.