BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Looking for gamers/club in Crawley, Sussex area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louise Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

I am fairly new to gaming and am looking for others in the local area who would be interested in getting together to play table top board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi and welcome to BGG!

I'm a Londoner, so I'm afraid I can't help much with groups in Sussex but I'm sure others here will be able to. However, if you don't have any luck in the forums here, I'd recommend checking out meetup.com - it's a really useful resource for stuff like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Who dares disturb the Hobnob Goblin?
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried BGG's built-in find user tool?

You set the country, pick the region, and it will find users of BGG in that area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
kataclysm wrote:

You set the country, pick the region, and it will find users of BGG in that area.

Doesn't appear to work for my UK postcode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a games day in Horsham this coming Saturday
https://www.meetup.com/The-Horsham-Gaming-Group/

I think there are also gamesdays in Crawley, but can't find the link at the moment (I'm meant to be working)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Martin
United Kingdom
Shipley
W. Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
kataclysm wrote:

Doesent work for me either. Is this a UK thing or is it just broken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Shaw
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Too many games, too little time
mbmbmbmbmb
Retro69 wrote:
domus_ludorum wrote:
kataclysm wrote:

Doesent work for me either. Is this a UK thing or is it just broken?

Try using just the first part of the post code e.g. RH10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will second the Horsham game day which is at the baptist church this coming Saturday. Andy, who runs Battlequest games, is a great guy who runs a fantastic game store in Horsham on the Carfax

The event at the church is run by Andy and it's very welcoming to everyone. I am hoping to be there on Saturday. I may see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chamberlain
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
LouiseJayne wrote:
Hi

I am fairly new to gaming and am looking for others in the local area who would be interested in getting together to play table top board games.

Hi Louise, firstly, welcome to one of the greatest communities online. I'm also based in Crawley. Andy of Battlequest Games in Horsham, already mentioned, also runs a Thursday night gaming session which I believe is the first three Thursdays of every month. He does have a Facebook page with the details on. On a different note, I have thought about starting a group in Crawley as I never, despite my best efforts, get to the sessions in Horsham. However, upon more thorough searching I discovered a group who meet in Langley Green who are also on Facebook called Dungeon Crawl-ey Board Game Club. Still have to try this one yet. They have a day coming up on July 1st at Langley Green Scout Group, might aim for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Carl

Thanks for the welcome. It's been really nice to receive such a welcoming response from the site. I don't feel as much of a fish out of water as initially thought.
I'm definitely going to check out Battlequest games. Unfortunately I can't make the meetup this weekend but may be able to attend on Thursday evenings so will have a look at days.
If you do decide to arrange/set anything up in Crawley please let me know as I would be really keen to meet up with others.
In the meantime I may see you on the 1st July at the day in Langley Green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

Battlequest Games seems to be the recurring mention so will definitely check them out. Unfortunately I can't make the event this Saturday but will look to see when the next one is. Maybe see you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ludoquist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Louise,

Not far away by train (20 minutes), we will be opening The Ludoquist Board Game Cafe in Croydon Real Soon Now - http://www.theludoquist.com

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Campbell
United Kingdom
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any word on when Ludoquist is opening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.