Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1) Would you say this is an accurate way of paraphrasing the rules regarding FP units: "Once they are removed from the reinforcement pool, they can only be put back in when removing units from the board because of stacking limitations."? As long as this is observed, it would be impossible to make mistakes about where things came from or where they can end up while downgrading elite units to regular, right?

2) If an elite unit is "eliminated", that cannot be satisfied by downgrading it to a regular, right?

3) Companions and minions must retreat with an army, correct? Or can they choose not to? "Army" is defined as all units, leaders, and characters in a region, and the rules say the "entire army" must retreat, so I take this to mean characters and minions must always retreat with any army they belong to.

4) Hunt Tiles: Unless otherwise instructed, are they always discarded when drawn by the Shadow Player, regardless of why (actual hunt vs. event card)? I really can't believe the rule book is so vague about something so important...

5) Does the die the SP is obligated to place in the hunt box due to Fellowship movement during the previous round count toward the maximum (# of companions in fellowship) they are allowed to allocate?
Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can take FP units from the casualties when an Elite unit is reduced or when it takes one hit in combat.

2. Correct.

3. Correct. If part of an Army they must retreat along with it (exception is Saruman in Orthanc). See "rear guard" when attacking as sometimes the attacker can hold back a Character from an attack if accompanied by Army units.

4. Standard tiles are always discarded (except if replaced by another tile, e.g. "Mithril Coat and Sting"). Eye tiles are returned once the Fellowship enters Mordor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Veldrin wrote:
1. You can take FP units from the casualties when an Elite unit is reduced or when it takes one hit in combat.

Thanks, I was aware of that. I just want to make sure my understanding that they may never go back into the reinforcement pool, with the sole exception of removal from from the board due to stacking limits, is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thought of another one: Does the die the SP is obligated to place in the hunt box due to Fellowship movement during the previous round count toward the maximum (# of companions in fellowship) they are allowed to allocate?

Editing this into the OP...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, the SP MUST place 1 die in the box for previous round Fellowship movement, but they cannot allocate any more if there are 1 or fewer companions left in the Fellowship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Corrao
Italy
Caulonia Marina
RC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that rule only says that the SP must place at least 1 die if the fellowship moved in the previous round. The maximum number of dice is always the number of companions in the fellowship.
Any additional eye rolled doesn't count toward the limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
I just want to make sure my understanding that they may never go back into the reinforcement pool, with the sole exception of removal from from the board due to stacking limits, is correct.

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.