Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mazzoni
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played through the game once, but it seems to me the consolation prize for a failed attack is too strong. I don't see why one wouldn't just keep attacking and if it fails, you get the full bean count anyway. While it's true you might have a situation in which you cannot attack, I found this situation rare on my one play. There was always someone on the front line for me to get. And when I didn't have it, I had a spoon or pan (bought from failed attacks) that remedied the situation.

So my thought is....maybe make the consolation prize HALF the beans rounded down? I want more incentive to roll for beans. Neither of us even bought a single one of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The "why would I roll for beans?" question comes up often from people who haven't played the game too many times. Keep playing You'll encounter many tactical situations where you might decide it's a good idea.

In regards to not buying power cards, yeah that happens when players are rolling well and getting a lot of splats. When players get into a splat slump though, those beans can pile up and and the power cards come out.

You're welcome of course to try any house rule you want, but I would absolutely not recommend lowering the consolation prize from a missed attack; if anything, I would tack a bonus bean or two onto rolling for beans, to achieve a similar effect.

Thanks for playing! I'm subscribed to your thread here so please let us know how it went if you give this a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.