Subject: Anyone know how to get this resolved? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at my wit's end here, and I'm feeling yanked around by the guys at Steamforged. The short way of putting it is that Steamforged and their distribution/delivery partners here in the US have effectively lost my game.

FedEx said it was delivered to my doorstep, it wasn't. I don't know whether it was a decision Steamforged made, or if their distribution partner made the choice, but they didn't require a signature for delivery. Being one of the more expensive Kickstarter board games, this seems pretty irresponsible from my perspective. I don't know the cost difference, but I would have gladly chipped in the extra for signature confirmation had that been an option.

FedEx claims it was delivered, but cannot be found. According to their website, packages delivered without signature require the driver to take a photo for evidence. I've been advised by FedEx service that no such photo of my delivery exists.

When I contacted Steamforged, they replied telling me that they "can'" assist me until FedEx contacts them with more information. They referred me to file an official claim with FedEx.

I filled out the claims form, which led to FedEx trying to 'trace' the package -calling back a few days later to confirm that the package indeed could not be located (no kidding, right?) The rep advised me that FedEx does not contact the sender of a package when it is confirmed missing/lost, ever. I have a claim number, which I have submitted to Steamforged as well.

At this point, Steamforged Support seems to be unwilling to assist without being contacted by FedEx, they will not reach out to FedEx themselves. FedEx will not reach out to them, it is apparently against their policy. So it would seem that the two companies have created a stalemate in which I cannot make any kind of headway as they both refuse to assist me.

Friday morning I actually rang them up on the phone. I I explained the situation to an employee who seemed surprised someone was calling, and he gave me two direct names to reach out to for more immediate assistance. I made sure that they both had my detailed email before 1pm in their own time zone, almost immediately after the call. I haven't yet heard back, though I was promised quicker turnaround based on the fact that I've already waited for Support once, and was unceremoniously brushed off with an implausible solution that could never be achieved.

Thus far I haven't heard back, I'll give it another day,though the response from the named individual's email indicates a two business day turnaround... I really am TRYING to be reasonable, even if their support staff hasn't been.

My question is this -does anyone know a legitimate way to get this resolved? This wasn't a cheap little small box game, and so far all I've gotten is lip service and what effectively feels like the middle finger from their support staff. I'm at the point where I'm beginning to see what kind of legal recourse I might have -I imagine there might be some kind of process similar to small claims in the UK that I could pursue from the states, or perhaps small claims can be initiated from here? If someone can suggest a more 'friendly' method of getting their attention and getting them to resolve this, I'm all ears. I don't want to be a bigger nuisance than I need to be to get this resolved, but at the moment they've only demonstrated a distinct lack of interest in ever pursuing a resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chargeback to your credit card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.