Agent Decker» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission 3 and Dormitory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm a bit late to the party, but I've really been enjoying this game. Really clever mechanics, and I love the theme and progression system.

Also, I love the Superhot implementation. I still play the Tabletop Simulator version from time to time, and ran over to back the game as soon as I knew it was still available. Brilliant games.

I have a few questions about some rules:

Mission 3:
Objective: Hold seven cards in your hand

Are cards played to the play area still considered to be "in your hand"? Or do all seven cards have to be in your hand (not played) during the mission check phase?

The problem I've seen is that, if cards played in the play area are not counted, the only way to pass the mission is by having and drawing (in one hand) the Siren/Gear Up! card and at least one Patrolling Guard/Interrogate card, and, when those cards are drawn, having three Keep cards equipped. That's an incredibly specific set of circumstances to win, which can make it next to impossible in some games.

That being said, the mission does say "in your hand", which seems to mean cards in the play area cannot be counted during the mission check.

Dormitory
Ability: At the Line Scroll, facedown cards don't slide to the right. Faceup cards still do.

When this card is on the line, do facedown cards that are the right-most card still get discarded, or do faceup cards skip over them and get discarded instead?

For example, let's say you have the following line:

DUUXXX

D = Dormitory
U = Faceup
X = Facedown

The rule book states that, in the line scroll phase, you first "Add the last card in the line to the obstacles discard, and raise the alarm counter accordingly." Then, all cards slide to the right. Done in that order, the result would be this, with the right-most facedown card discarded and the faceup cards slid around the remaining facedown cards:

_DUXXU X

However, that feels like the right-most facedown card, in being discarded, has moved to the right, which contradicts the Siren's ability. Instead, should the first faceup card be discarded instead and raise the alarm accordingly, since the facedown cards are stuck in place? Like so:

_DUXXX U

Which is the correct way to handle the situation?

Missions 2 and 4
Objectives: Get X resources and the _______

I saw an earlier forum question that confirmed that the resources requested on the card (6 fighting and 18 combined) must be spent to complete that objective (e.g. I can't spend 6 fighting to disable a Motion Sensor Hall and then use the same resources to complete Mission 2). In that way, the mission objective is almost like an obstacle interaction.

My question, then: Do you have to have the Guard Uniform/Prisoner equipped when you spend those resources on the objective? Or can you complete the resource objective portion on its own?

For example, let's say I'm in Mission 2 and haven't found the Locker Room yet. I draw my hand and happen to get 6 fighting. Can I spend that 6 fighting on the objective in order to instantly complete the objective once I've found and equipped the Guard Uniform?

Thank you in advance for any clarification you can give, and thank you again for creating these amazing solo games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AegisToast wrote:
Are cards played to the play area still considered to be "in your hand"? Or do all seven cards have to be in your hand (not played) during the mission check phase?

Only cards in your hand in the moment of the mission check phase count towards completing that mission. You don't purely depend on the luck of the hand draw for that turn. For example, there are cards which let you draw even more cards, as you mentioned there's Siren but also the Inspector, in case it has already gone through your hand (or you got it in a previous turn).

AegisToast wrote:
When this card is on the line, do facedown cards that are the right-most card still get discarded, or do faceup cards skip over them and get discarded instead?

The rightmost card is discarded no matter if it's face up or down. If I'm reading your example correctly, the first case is the right one. To make sure it's clear, I'll run through it:

Starting situation.

DUUXXX

At the end of the turn the last card (X) is discarded. It's face down so it doesn't raise the alarm.

DUUXX_

Then the face up cards slide to the right. Since the face down cards are stuck in place the rightmost U slides past them and takes the last spot.

_DUXXU

A new card will now enter the line to fill the first space (_).

AegisToast wrote:
Do you have to have the Guard Uniform/Prisoner equipped when you spend those resources on the objective? Or can you complete the resource objective portion on its own?

You need to fulfill both conditions at the same time. The easiest way to explain it is to see it as a cost, like an obstacle would have. Currencies (Stealth and Fighting) you already used on other cards are spent and don't count towards it.

This means you can't pay the 6 Fighting in advance but when you get the Guard Uniform you're already halfway there!

AegisToast wrote:
Thank you in advance for any clarification you can give, and thank you again for creating these amazing solo games!

Thank you for playing Agent Decker and for backing Superhot. I hope you like the full game which is releasing very soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.