Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jim Culver's Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Corbett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First time I've played with this fella. Does his ability only count during a skill test? For example, in Clover Club Cardroom, I can spend two resources to draw a token, can I modify the skull if I drawn one, to become a 0? And on Rite of Seeking, if I Investigate and draw a skull, and modify it to 0, do I have to obey the remainder of the text, ie lose remaining actions and end my turn?

So basically, when can I use this ability outside of skill tests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text doesn't restrict the ability to skill tests. I like your ideas, and I think they work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbetta wrote:
And on Rite of Seeking, if I Investigate and draw a skull, and modify it to 0, do I have to obey the remainder of the text, ie lose remaining actions and end my turn?

I interpret it as yes. The modifier is 0, but everything else that goes along with the token draw is still in effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
You can only modify the value to 0. The skull tokens effects and the fact that a skull token was drawn, still come into effect. So you would still lose your turn and fail the Clover Club Cardroom draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbetta wrote:
First time I've played with this fella. Does his ability only count during a skill test? For example, in Clover Club Cardroom, I can spend two resources to draw a token, can I modify the skull if I drawn one, to become a 0? And on Rite of Seeking, if I Investigate and draw a skull, and modify it to 0, do I have to obey the remainder of the text, ie lose remaining actions and end my turn?

So basically, when can I use this ability outside of skill tests?

Jim Culver may change the modifier related to the skull (as defined on the difficulty card), not the skull itself.
If you pull a skull in CCC, it is still a skull with modifier 0 if you wish, but that is unfortunately not what CCC asks for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.