Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Play sprint cards under the first 2 hideouts.
If you get 3 hideouts ahead, pass to collect cards.
Try to play a hideout # the marshal has already guessed.
Use sprint cards that are immediately before or after the hideout number.
Get the marshal to guess 29 or higher to avoid a manhunt. AND play as many hideouts between 29 and 42 as possible to make the manhunt more difficult. Add a sprint card under 42 so the marshal can not easily back up 1-3 to guess the hideout prior to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that often it is a good strategy not to
1qwerty wrote:
Use sprint cards that are immediately before or after the hideout number.

For example keep cards 1-3 as long as you can, collect cards from let's say 20-25, play one of them with only 1-3 as Sprint cards and the Marshal will have a hard time guessing the correct hideout and when he does he only has the hideout info but gets nothing from the Sprint cards.

Also with lots of cards in a row in the Fugitive's hand, the Marshal's deduction possibilities are quite low and the Fugitive's bluffing possibilities proportionally higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turkilas
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good tips. Why, though,

1qwerty wrote:
If you get 3 hideouts ahead, pass to collect cards.

I can't see why I would ever pass if I could play a card (at least w/o having to Sprint) and make it 4 hideouts ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turkilas wrote:
I can't see why I would ever pass if I could play a card (at least w/o having to Sprint) and make it 4 hideouts ahead.

Hm, because by doing so, you increase the probability that the Marshal guesses a hideout correctly. And that's usually the worst bit of information you want to give to him as the Fugitive because usually it speeds up the Marshal's further deductions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turkilas
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seqcon wrote:
Turkilas wrote:

Hm, because by doing so, you increase the probability that the Marshal guesses a hideout correctly. And that's usually the worst bit of information you want to give to him as the Fugitive because usually it speeds up the Marshal's further deductions.

Ok, now I see the point. But I'm still not sure if this is the optimal strategy?

The Fugitive will try to end the game ASAP because the Marshal's information increases each turn. Since they can only play one card per turn, in general I'd say it's wise to place any hideout whenever you easily can (it's more valuable that way than just for its Sprint value).

It's true that more unrevealed Hideouts gives more "targets" to the Marshal. But if there were 3 hideouts at the table and you played the 4th one, they would be more likely to guess one of the lower ones anyway, not the one you just placed.

Also, at 3 hideouts ahead, the Fugitive is not safe. You can never tell for sure if the Marshal already knows 2 of those...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The fugitive running out of cards is a serious end game concern. Hoarding cards to play future hideouts with sprint cards is more effective than playing hideouts without.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Hofmann
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
[quote]For example keep cards 1-3 as long as you can, collect cards from let's say 20-25, play one of them with only 1-3 as Sprint cards and the Marshal will have a hard time guessing the correct hideout and when he does he only has the hideout info but gets nothing from the Sprint cards.[/quote]

I am not sure how this is supposed to work - in my games I usually have to play them right away as you need to start by playing two hideouts, and I need one of them as a hideout and the others to be able to sprint to a second one; with an unlucky draw I might have to play two.

Agree with the general idea to use lower cards to spring to higher hideouts, but I've yet to see the fugitive escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.