Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. We exclusively use the app at our house. Not sure how they would make it work but we would certainly like to have app functionality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an app? I thought it was still in Beta?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Sarjant
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't wait to try it out, so I updated my basic 'Codenames Helper' grid app to include Duets functionality: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.effervex.c....

Note that no rules are available and I have been working with the snippets and rumours of rules, but fundamentally it works. You and your partner need to sit opposite one-another though, and each needs a copy of the app on their Android phones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
There's an app? I thought it was still in Beta?

Upon finding this thread that was my thought too - but I just downloaded it from the App Store so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like there is confusion:
There is the Gadget, which replaces the grid cards and is currently in the App Store. I would assume this would be updated.

And then there is the game itself, still presumably in beta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
mercurycs wrote:
Just curious. We exclusively use the app at our house. Not sure how they would make it work but we would certainly like to have app functionality.

So the game uses two sided key cards which sit between the players (or teams) with a grid and key on each side. Therefore you either need the app to display one side, then press a button to take it to a neutral screen then press again to show the other side, or use the existing system with the numeric code and use multiple phones. The code would be for a game, you would then have to select if you were Player/Team 1 or 2 and be shown the appropriate "side" of the card.

Definitely doable, but would take a bit of dev work. I'd be interested to see if they do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The app does have the ability to hide the grid when the phone is laid flat.
Maybe they could show a different grid depending on which direction the phone is tilted. So you could lay the phone flat and have it empty grid. If I tilt it "right" it shows one player's grid, while if I tilt it "left" it displays the other players grid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.