Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Johnstone
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Banzai Charge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the game and am wondering with the op kits how do i figure out what ships i need from the ship cards? For example the HMS Bounty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the ships from OP kits have listings here on BGG:
Star Trek: Attack Wing – H.M.S. Bounty Expansion Pack

This is also a very useful resource:
Visual Ship Listing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing about those listings is they tend to only include what comes in the ship pack, not the misc scenery and tokens that came as participation prizes. Those are listed separately in the database as accessories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Johnstone
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Banzai Charge
mbmbmbmbmb
So for that op kit i need a B'rel expansion pack? Which one is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
The thing about those listings is they tend to only include what comes in the ship pack, not the misc scenery and tokens that came as participation prizes. Those are listed separately in the database as accessories.

That's correct, but he can identify the ship class by looking at the listing; that's what he asked for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CountingGardens wrote:

B'rel is a class of Klingon ship (the Bird of Prey first seen in Star Trek 3). Go to the visual guide and use your browser's find function to search "B'rel" and you'll see which expansions use that ship figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CountingGardens wrote:

The IKS Ning'tao and IKS Rotarran are both B'rel class ships and retail expansion packs. So, look for either of these.

There were also quite a few OP participation/prizes that had B'rel models as well but will naturally be harder to find.

The Ning'tao and Rotarran should be readily available because neither of them include many cards that would warrant buying multiples of these ship packs.

EDIT: Actually, you can also get the IKS Koraga or Chang's Bird of Prey retail expansion packs. The B'rel models are exactly the same as the K'vort class models, and Chang's Bird of Prey is another Bird of Prey model (and more contemporary to the Bounty anyway).

If you already have the HMS Bounty Prize pack, it doesn't really matter whether you pick up the Koraga, Chang's BOP, the Rotarran or the Ning'tao since all you really need is a model- you already have the maneuver disk and cardboard ship base for the Bounty in your prize pack. It's really entirely your preference which BOP model you want to use for the Bounty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.