8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG.Spring

Subject: Exit - Board Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
I just saw that they posted the Spiel des Jahres 2017 nominees and I know that the group will be bringing the games to the con any idea if they are bringing this one since it is a legacy style game that can only be played once per the box. would love to try a story with my group before buying others. Will there be copies to play or will they have copies to buy and play. I know they had pandemic legacy last year but this seems like a different type of legacy game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
We will have all three current Exit games setup for repeatable play on the dedicated SdJ tables. I've already converted Abandoned Cabin and Pharoah's Tomb and will be working on Secret Lab tonight.

There may also be some modified copies in the library for check-out and repeatable play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
thats awsome thank you for doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Crow
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! Can't wait to try Exit. I have it on preorder with my FLGS. Would really enjoy the opportunity to play it before it arrives.

Jan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
We will have all three current Exit games setup for repeatable play on the dedicated SdJ tables. I've already converted Abandoned Cabin and Pharoah's Tomb and will be working on Secret Lab tonight.

There may also be some modified copies in the library for check-out and repeatable play.

Can you share what you've done to make things repeatable?

I played Abandoned Cabin with my wife and we didn't destroy anything because we very much desire to make these reusable by our friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jancr57 wrote:
Yeah! Can't wait to try Exit. I have it on preorder with my FLGS. Would really enjoy the opportunity to play it before it arrives.

Jan

Color me confused.

Even if the box and contents are modified to make the game reusable, it still isn't reusable by any given individual.

Once you know the puzzle soultions, it is literally a 'solved' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Can you share what you've done to make things repeatable?

I played Abandoned Cabin with my wife and we didn't destroy anything because we very much desire to make these reusable by our friends.

First time through we had spare copies in German and for anything potentially consumed we just took the scissors to the German copy.

I've since made copies of the English components that potentially could be destroyed and put them in envelopes. At any point where you know what to do to solve a puzzle, but it would require manipulating something in a destructive manner, instead you go to the enveloped labeled with the card / puzzle / component symbol and you'll find what you need.

For example, for the Abandoned Cabin:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
in that since it would work just like time stories in time stories you know the solution after one play though but no cards get destroyed. but ya in a convention with a lot of people trying it out this works great. especially since they have all 3 but playing 1 will at least let you know if it will work well with your group. my entire time stories group is going to be at the con and we have been looking at this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.