War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Anniversary boards dont line up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Hey all. I bought the upgrade kit from Ares which included the anniversary edition boards and rules/companion books.

Setting up a game I saw that the cut ends of the boards, or rather where the boards connect, do not match up. Is this common? Anyone else notice this? I'll post some pics in a bit

Thanks

Edit:
https://imgur.com/gallery/yWoSL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that's not common on the boards I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
I've uploaded some pics to be more clear on what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I had this and several other problems with my boards. Ares sent replacement boards THREE times before they sent something acceptable.

Contact their customer service for sure. The price of this game warrants having flawless components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Matthews
United States
flag msg tools
More Meeples, Please!
badge
Twaddle \ ˈtwä-dᵊl \ noun: Foolish, trivial, or idle talk or chatter
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto (the game designer) gives a good explanation regarding replacement boards on page 3 of this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1770623/ae-replacement-boar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Thanks for the link! Seems many people had "black line issues" but mine seemed to look good, it was just a bad cut. I'll email Ares and hope this falls under their "defective" category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Edit: deleted my previous comment. Ares has agreed to replace the map. I'm very happy with the outcome! I can breath a huge sigh of relief now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.