Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Apps
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been playing around with the different moods and variants and I've found that I'm not a huge fan of any of them, at least as how they may apply to the overall theme. So I had this idea and I like it a bit better...

Play with Sandra in Mean Mood, however, deduct points based on the total amount of banked shifts the lowest person has. This seems to be fairly balanced since if someone spends all their shifts to avoid penalties, they're also very limited in their ability to take extra shifts when they need them. It also makes the rules slightly less fiddly. Also, this seems to make more sense thematically since a mean boss that was upset over an employee underperforming would also be highly upset if they found out the employee also had banked shifts and wasn't working them to advance like they should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Goncalves
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it backwards: if you have banked shifts you being mkre efficient! Making more things in less time. Why would Sandra penalize that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GusG4Real wrote:
You got it backwards: if you have banked shifts you being mkre efficient! Making more things in less time. Why would Sandra penalize that?

The problem is that she doesn't penalize you if you have banked shifts. Imagine this situation: Your manager is upset that you are not performing as expected, so you respond, "but I am very efficient at not performing!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but that shouldn't happen in practice. It's my impression that a player who wastes time banking shifts and sitting on them can fall behind in the rest of the game. It may be more action-efficient to endure Sandra's punishment.

Sandra likes the fact that you've banked shifts (so doesn't penalise you) but you'll still be losing victory points elsewhere. So I think the normal rules are fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Mike. I agree with you.
Specialy if you play with people who knows how to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.