Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a really obvious question, but I can't actually find in the rules what happens to a card attached to an enemy after the enemy dies.

I don't see it mentioned under "Eliminating Enemies", "Attaching Cards", "Enemy Elimination", "Attachment", or "Discarding and Burying Cards".

In fact, under "When to Discard Cards" (p18) it specifically says "Cards may only be discarded or buried when a game effect allows or requires you to do so."

As far as I can tell, there's no explicit effect or text that discards or buries a card after it has been attached.

So... which text am I just missing? It's gotta be somewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddbod wrote:
This seems like a really obvious question, but I can't actually find in the rules what happens to a card attached to an enemy after the enemy dies.

I don't see it mentioned under "Eliminating Enemies", "Attaching Cards", "Enemy Elimination", "Attachment", or "Discarding and Burying Cards".

In fact, under "When to Discard Cards" (p18) it specifically says "Cards may only be discarded or buried when a game effect allows or requires you to do so."

As far as I can tell, there's no explicit effect or text that discards or buries a card after it has been attached.

So... which text am I just missing? It's gotta be somewhere

Yes completely overlooked in the rules, I have always discarded them unless the card says otherwise, treating it as the end of the attachment action. The rules do state that cards are discarded at the end of an action unless card text states cotherwise.

I would suggest the following :- when an enemy is discarded (eliminated) any attachment action on that enemy is complete and they should be discarded to the heroes discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I've been treating it for the cards I've used, which have all been of the kind "when you discard this as part of another action you may attach it". Since it was destined for the discard pile, but that process was interrupted by it being attached.

And if you are playing them from your hand - then you normally discard a card after playing it from your hand, so it makes sense that they should be discarded after they are "done" being played.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.