Popular Tags: [View All]
Nyles Breecher
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
After searching for upgraded pieces which were not MeepleSource (due to cost), I found some nice jewelry charms to do the job. They required some painting, but turned out great. Here's the results of my project:

I got the pieces from here: https://www.etsy.com/people/nylesbreecher/favorites/ds-best

A bunch of steps were involved, but the project wasn't too bad. Since I had paints lying around already, there wasn't a ton of extra cost besides getting the pieces themselves. Still not cheap, but much cheaper than the alternative.

Hopefully I get to play this weekend and can add some pictures of the pieces in game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! Well done :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd use them for dominance markers (cones) but the cubes. Way too messy and hard to count
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to agree with Samuel. They look lovely, and are stunningly thematic, but they also look to be way too much of a pain in the butt to handle and keep track of. Can you imagine 8-10 each of two or three of those animals in one hex? Gah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyles Breecher
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I got to play with the pieces tonight, and they worked perfectly. There were no issues with them at all. Very easy to figure out numbers of species.

I didn't take pictures later, but we had hexes with 14+ pieces that weren't an issue either. I just don't understand the aversion to using not cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, thanks for posting this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.