Hide
3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Zyla the ?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Dean
msg tools
Greetings, I really appreciated the help for selecting a scout for our last campaign and now I have randomly drawn Zyla to play for our groups next campaign. I like her heroic ability and heroic feat, so I want to play to her mobility, but I'm not sure what subclass to select.

I've played around with the RTL app to get a feel for her character and some of the mage sub-classes, but nothing has really stood out to me. At this juncture, I'm running out of time so I thought I would solicit opinions.

1. Runemaster - the old reliable, it would seem using her speed and heroic ability to set up blast could be useful.

2. Hexer, same as above, but spreading hexes to increase damage and throw in an occasional black dice for defense. (I have not tried hexer class, so I'm going off what I've read of the cards).

3. I also considered battlemage-knight. With her speed and stamina, advance, defense training, and guard would provide some extra defense and cater to her mobility, and maybe runic weave? (Again, no experience with hybrid classes).

I tried her as a conjurer in RTL and was not very impressed with results and a geomancer in RTL, where the stones were occasionally the key to victory, but often times, not of that much importance. But I freely admit I may have been deploying them poorly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest Zyla the Berserker.

Her flight is perfect for getting in position behind enemy lines and unleash a Whirlwind attack.
Brute helps overcoming her shortage of Health.
With her high Stamina and Speed, Charge is less costly and more far-reaching for her than for the average warrior hero.
Berserker's top-tier skills are something you won't miss.
If you have no other Mage in the party you can invest something in Planar Weapon and Runic Weave in order to heighten the opportunity gain from Rune weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dean
msg tools
Painkeeper wrote:
I suggest Zyla the Berserker.

Her flight is perfect for getting in position behind enemy lines and unleash a Whirlwind attack.
Brute helps overcoming her shortage of Health.
With her high Stamina and Speed, Charge is less costly and more far-reaching for her than for the average warrior hero.
Berserker's top-tier skills are something you won't miss.
If you have no other Mage in the party you can invest something in Planar Weapon and Runic Weave in order to heighten the opportunity gain from Rune weapons.

That's rather attractive actually... hadn't really considered Berserker, but... whirlwind and charge really do benefit her quite a bit and she has good stamina. Thank you, that's a very fascinating suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.