Subject: Walkers attack / defense rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
red core
Canada
Vancouver
Burnaby
flag msg tools
I am still not sure what to do with the walkers when it comes to melee phase.

1. 1 survivor vs 2+ walkers.
survivor rolls **!. 2 walkers roll *** - how to resolve this rolls?

2. when walkers use "defense" roll please?

3. blast keyword / booby trap supplies card. i drew that card while searching a backpack on the ground. survivor rolled ** so I moved the blast 3" off of the backpack position (if I read blast keyword right in the rule book). There was a nearby walker within the blast radius. Do I roll defense for the walker? If walker scores * do I lay him prone or just move him 1" off or nothing happens at all to him?

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alder
United Kingdom

Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Red Core,

I can answer questions 1 & 2 but don't have my rules with me to reply to your third query at present.

1: The walkers would win this melee. You count up the total number of * per side. The side with the most wins, in your example the survivor would suffer one wound and be pushed 1" backwards.

A ! does not count towards anything unless you actually roll more * than the walkers or opposing survivors. If you were to roll 3 * and 1 ! and the walkers roll 3 * it is a draw as the headshot does not count.

2: Walkers cannot choose to defend if standing and in melee combat, they always attack. However a prone walker will only roll it's defense die, one red. If the prone walker wins then no damage is dealt as it was defending however the survivor would be moved back 1" for having lost the melee. If the survivor wins then the walker is killed whether a ! was rolled or not as any damage against a prone figure kills it.

A Walker would also roll it's defense roll if a survivor attacks it with a ranged weapon. If the survivor rolls more * than the walker then the walker is laid prone on the spot (does not move back 1") if the walker rolls more *, then the shot missed and the walker stays where it is. A ranged shot with a ! and more * than the walker will kill it.

Hope this helps.

Happy Gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redcore wrote:
3. blast keyword / booby trap supplies card. i drew that card while searching a backpack on the ground. survivor rolled ** so I moved the blast 3" off of the backpack position (if I read blast keyword right in the rule book). There was a nearby walker within the blast radius. Do I roll defense for the walker? If walker scores * do I lay him prone or just move him 1" off or nothing happens at all to him?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,
IIRC, the blast ending position is depending on rolling a "!" in the supply card roll. It does not depend from the defender roll.
So it means for moving the blast 3" off backpack position, you would have not rolled any "!" in your supply card roll.
Then again, IIRC, any models within the blast radius roll their defense dice and if the result is lower than the supply card roll, they take that many point of damage. If any walker suffer 1+ damage, they are laid prone.

Hope I havnt made any mistake, feel free to correct if I did

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
red core
Canada
Vancouver
Burnaby
flag msg tools
Ancientvirus wrote:

A ! does not count towards anything unless you actually roll more * than the walkers or opposing survivors. If you were to roll 3 * and 1 ! and the walkers roll 3 * it is a draw as the headshot does not count.

So if its a draw then "!" doesnt count. And since the survivors always win the draw, in this particular case walker wouldnt be killed nor laid prone, but only pushed 1" away from the survivor. Did i get that right?
Cool thank you for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
red core
Canada
Vancouver
Burnaby
flag msg tools
La_Gofr wrote:
redcore wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Hi,
IIRC, the blast ending position is depending on rolling a "!" in the supply card roll. It does not depend from the defender roll.
So it means for moving the blast 3" off backpack position, you would have not rolled any "!" in your supply card roll.
Then again, IIRC, any models within the blast radius roll their defense dice and if the result is lower than the supply card roll, they take that many point of damage. If any walker suffer 1+ damage, they are laid prone.

Hope I havnt made any mistake, feel free to correct if I did

If the blast damage would be highier than survivor's health, the survivor would be dead - removed from the table. Is it correct?
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A survivor is only removed from the table if they suffer a Head Shot (!) as part of the damage/attack roll against them or, IIRC, if they were prone and attacked by a survivor and lost the roll.

Any other death, they are replaced with a prone walker.

I don't think the blast rules supersede this, but I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Both
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only move the template if the Blast was a ranged attack. Otherwise, just attack everyone under the template. They get to roll Defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.