mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
@$15 for the game, for me, it's worth it. I did an escape room and it was really fun so when I saw these types of games my first question was, "Oh, so how will you be able to it again after the first time?" Now I know, you don't, I mean, you could, but you will know what to do, maybe. lol

I have yet to play this game but I am already of the mind-set that I will play it, have fun playing it then know that I have to discard it (or whatever). I'm okay with that because I know that this game is not meant to be replayable and that it's pretty much one & done.

At first, it troubled me a bit but then I realized that I probably shouldn't waste my money and go back to the Escape Room (the real one I went to) and do the exact same one and spend $30/person only to know exactly what to do.

This is WAY cheaper!!!!! I just have to ease up on my board game mentality about buying a game for life (or until I trade it away). What purpose would I have to copy and duplicate all the parts in this game? At this price I could just buy it again and maybe give it away as a gift because certainly there's no point in me playing it again even if I did so with others who didn't play it with me the first time. I mean, I COULD but why?

How do you feel about the design of the game is such that you throw it away afterwards?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, it is actually great, playing them the way they are supposed to be played. Trying to conserve them sure is possible to a degree, but basically this would be a house rule, and one I think which diminishes the fun, you can spend with these boxes. I, too, know a few people, I'm considering making one game or the other a present. No problem to buy them again for that purpose.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
How do you feel about the design of the game is such that you throw it away afterwards?


I don't have any problem with that at all
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TimTix wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
How do you feel about the design of the game is such that you throw it away afterwards?


I don't have any problem with that at all


Same here!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you feel about ordering a pizza?

Purchase it, consume it, throw out the box.

Why is this any different?

1 hour of fun is worth $15.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Its no different than going to a real life escape room.

Enter room, escape room, and walk away.

One and done.

That being said, there are some escape rooms that are coming out now,
such as, Unlock! Escape Adventures & Deckscape: Test Time where you don't destroy anything in the game.

Happy medium?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
I'm okay with destructible games as long as it's warranted. Risk legacy and pandemic legacy were no brainers for me as the games essentially required that format.

With these Exit titles there's no reason kosmoa couldn't make pdfs of destructible components. Escape Room: The Game implemented this perfectly.

I've already set up the Abandoned Cabin with copies of needed materials so that I can show this to my two sets of parents and friends.

I now need to figure out what's needed for the secret lab. It appears it only requires a copy of the clue book but I might be wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Tardi
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
I'm okay with destructible games as long as it's warranted. Risk legacy and pandemic legacy were no brainers for me as the games essentially required that format.

With these Exit titles there's no reason kosmoa couldn't make pdfs of destructible components. Escape Room: The Game implemented this perfectly.

I've already set up the Abandoned Cabin with copies of needed materials so that I can show this to my two sets of parents and friends.

I now need to figure out what's needed for the secret lab. It appears it only requires a copy of the clue book but I might be wrong.


Yup, book is all you need to copy as you'll write on it or cut up parts. Some of the cards in this one we wrote on, but you wouldn't really need to, it just made it easier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.