Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Young
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you roll a Firefly (6), you get to roll again and add it.

Do you get only one bonus roll or can you keep rolling as long as you keep rolling Fireflies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Climber Rat wrote:
When you roll a Firefly (6), you get to roll again and add it.

Do you get only one bonus roll or can you keep rolling as long as you keep rolling Fireflies?

You get to keep rolling (though at that point, it's usually academic, unless it's a Showdown)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's fun to see how many times you can keep it going. I think my group's record is 4 or 5 in one check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I've only managed 3 in a row. But as intimated​ it was academic at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
best time to roll a 6 is with the gambling cards. Can really escalate the winnings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
best time to roll a 6 is with the gambling cards. Can really escalate the winnings
If you mean that if you roll a 6 you get to roll again, then I don't think that is correct. There are no (official) Gambling cards where you get to roll only 1 die, therefore Thrillin' heroics can't apply where you roll 2 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are you telling me gambling isn't a Skill Test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
are you telling me gambling isn't a Skill Test?
Correct. A Skill Test requires a roll against one of Fight, Tech or Neg. There are no Skill Tests shown on any Gambling cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, but that core rulebook says:

Quote:
Whenever you roll a Firefly,
count it as a 6 and make a
Bonus Roll. Roll the dice again and
add the result to the total.

"Whenever". And previous comments from GF9 have suggested that this isn't only meant to apply to skill tests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
Hmm, but that core rulebook says:

Quote:
Whenever you roll a Firefly,
count it as a 6 and make a
Bonus Roll. Roll the dice again and
add the result to the total.

"Whenever". And previous comments from GF9 have suggested that this isn't only meant to apply to skill tests.
The only card where you roll dice is Billiards Betting and it seems to me that "the dice" referred to in the second sentence is linked back to the two dice referred to in the previous sentence. Any bonus rolls means you are rolling three or more dice and thereby adding more than the total of two dice.

If the card simply said "Take $100 times the total rolled" then I'd say that thrillin' heroics would apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mudd Grizzly

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmb
I actually emailed GF9 about this. Here are the relevant parts of our conversation:
Quote:
Does Thrillin' Heroics apply to non-skill rolls, like the Billiards Betting card or Alert Token roles?

Quote:
Yes it applies to all rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mudd Grizzly wrote:
I actually emailed GF9 about this. Here are the relevant parts of our conversation:
Quote:
Does Thrillin' Heroics apply to non-skill rolls, like the Billiards Betting card or Alert Token roles?

Quote:
Yes it applies to all rolls.
Ok, I guess that definitively answers the question that whenever you roll a 6 no matter what for you get a bonus roll!

It certainly makes the Billiards Betting card a lot more valuable in terms of cost vs potential payout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.