Popular Tags: [View All]
Pascal Van Vlaenderen
Belgium
Lissewege
Belgie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

As I know there hasn't been a lot of reviews for this game yet, I think I should give a bit of my experience with the game.

First some warnings:
- I only have the base game, though the second edition of it (big box with room for season two)
- I ordered season three from a french online store, because of availability and reasonable price.
- I wanted the game to play escape games with my wife, as she likes escape games on the tablet, though after having it she still said she dislikes board games ...

So heres a view topics:
- Materials
- Price
- Value
- End conclusion

Materials
I received the game in a normal big box size, the normal size of the big box edition I have, but also like Mistfall, Catan, ... .
This might be a bit to much if you see the content:
- some rules (only french in my case, though I've seen English ones, which aren't yet linked to this item which is really a shame)
- extra tiles, same quality although different back color (against my version though, I've sent a request to their after sales, After 3 weeks they said they would resend me cards, which I received the week after. The backs are still not the same but better).
- extra small cards: nice quality, currently stored where the MAC cards should be stored. i like them.
- Some extra tokens
- A lot of extra side boards which explain the different tiles. I have six languages of them (french, dutch, english, spanish, chinese and something I cant figure out)

Overal I find the box to big and the rules as well. I understand french as its my third language, though I would prefer smaller rules and multiligual as in the core box.

The back colors of the tiles differ for me, so If I focus the new tiles are really easily to spot, hence to its really a pitty.

I usually play in the evening, so it's less obvious for me.

It doesn't all store to nicely in the current insert I have. I assume the current one was only designed for season one and season two.

Price
The game is sold for about 20 euros.

So this is reasonable for an expansion. Having extra tiles and extra modes for this price is nice, as I was found it a bit to easy to spark me after 10 plays SOLO. I kept the core box for Multiplayer which I like a lot.

Value

I only played the Escape mode SOLO and I think the value is Okay.
The puzzle has kept me waiting for more. I couldn't solve the first one yet after a couple of clues. Meaning its harder, which I wanted, see comment above.

At first glance the puzzle seems hard (Which is how it should be). I might revise this once I've cracked it and solved some more levels.

It will also expand the core plays and having a Puzzle variant means certainly 20 more plays for me, so a lot of fun hours.

The rules often refer to season two, which I haven't and it's never mentioned as required, though I found some gaps:
- You need a controller action to unlock certain rooms. In the base game you don't have such an action, so I used the back of an action tile as replacement, as I played it SOLO.
- The setup required extra non-empty green tiles, which I also lack. The base game doesn't offer enough of them. So I replaced them by empty rooms.

So having season two does make a difference.

I have yet to play the puzzle mode, but seeing the quality of the escape mode I'm pretty sure I'll be happy of it.

Conclusion
This season is certainly a buy if you like the core game or if you find it was to easy.

For me it's not the best buy, but it will make it the base game more interesting. And as the base game is a game quickly explained and fun in multiplayer it's a good addition for the gaming group.

[edit: After 4 weeks I received a better version of the tiles]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thornton
msg tools
To unlock rooms you use the "Control" action, which already exists in the base game...it's the one that shifts rooms horizontally or vertically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.