Subject: Longshot, Shatterstar and Warpath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melissa V
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played with all of these a little bit now and seem to be pretty good, I do think I have a tendency to make them too strong, but they're still fun. I do look at other people's customs and have borrowed the ideas I like from them, I'm not trying to fully copy, but there are probably similarities with others.

Longshot (there are a lot of similarities with Ranger Rob's custom, just a bit of my take on him)

Lucky Guess x5

Knife Throw x5

Charmer x3 (this one might be too strong...)

Lucky and Good x1

Shatterstar (I started with him first, I just always thought he was cool, but didn't really know his storyline that well, but it lead me to doing a Longshot as well since he's kind of his dad... Maybe?)

Team Player x5

Dual Swords x5

The Art of Combat x3

Warrior's Pride x1

Warpath (another guy I always thought was cool, but needed to read up on his story to make theme appropriate cards.)

Expert Tracker x5 (this turned out to be an extremely useful card for moving Master Strikes/Scheme Twists to the bottom of the deck)

Twin Vibranium Blades x5

Apache Warrior x3

Thunderbird's Vengence x1

I also probably spend too much time looking up appropriate quotes for flavor text, but I like the more finished/polished feel the cards get for having that extra stuff. Let me know what you think or find any errors.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database!

thumbsup

Like your Longshot. I think the Uncommon is fine...it is also the key card that lets you peek to use the other cards to their most. Got a feeling there will be a Longshot in the new Expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're worried about overpowered cards, I would redo Shatterstar's Dual Swords. Compared to existing cards it does more than other cards that cost even more. You can use these two cards to benchmark it:

Mr Fantastic - Unstable Molecules - Draw 2 cards. Cost 5.
Superior Iron Man - Optimized Technology - Draw 1 card. Fight 2. Cost 5.

I know the double cost activation isn't the easiest, however at it's base it's still better than Unstable Molecules, costs 1 less and is dual affiliated.

It's a tough balance, especially when there appears to be a bit of a power creep in the official sets. You could consider having the second card draw require a strength and instinct to activate, and that might even reasonably drop the cost down to 3. That's just one idea, but of course there are many tweaks that could be made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa V
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
If you're worried about overpowered cards, I would redo Shatterstar's Dual Swords. Compared to existing cards it does more than other cards that cost even more. You can use these two cards to benchmark it:

Mr Fantastic - Unstable Molecules - Draw 2 cards. Cost 5.
Superior Iron Man - Optimized Technology - Draw 1 card. Fight 2. Cost 5.

I know the double cost activation isn't the easiest, however at it's base it's still better than Unstable Molecules, costs 1 less and is dual affiliated.

It's a tough balance, especially when there appears to be a bit of a power creep in the official sets. You could consider having the second card draw require a strength and instinct to activate, and that might even reasonably drop the cost down to 3. That's just one idea, but of course there are many tweaks that could be made.

You make a good point, maybe I'll drop it down to just draw one card as opposed to two, I think that would make it more reasonable then. I got carried away with the "Dual" theme. Thanks for the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa V
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
Added to the Marvel Master Database!

thumbsup

Like your Longshot. I think the Uncommon is fine...it is also the key card that lets you peek to use the other cards to their most. Got a feeling there will be a Longshot in the new Expansion.

Thanks, I was thinking of doing more, but since most of what I've been thinking on are X-heroes I thought I'd wait to see what the expansion does and maybe fill in on ones I'd like to see after that. I'd really like more X-Force and maybe X-Factor heroes, but I think the new one is X-Men only (not that most heroes haven't been multiple affiliations).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.