Deadball» Forums » General

Subject: Final Proof Looks Good! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
I just wanted to let you all know that the final proof came in and looks really good. This means that Deadball will be for sale on DTRPG this week. I've asked them to clear it, which takes between 1-5 business days, but which has only taken 24 hours in the past. Update to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
So, what have I bought on DTRPG??? Not the final product??
Fortunately, we have access to the updates for free!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
fredmanson wrote:
So, what have I bought on DTRPG??? Not the final product??
Fortunately, we have access to the updates for free!!

If you purchased the PDF, what you've got is a digital copy of the print product. It's exactly the same in every way, so you don't need to worry about missing out on anything except the feel of the book in your hand. I'm going to create a discount code to let people who bought the PDF buy the print book at a lower rate, in case they want both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got my digital copy the other day and just ordered the book....looking forward to seeing the hard copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
I will order the print edition as well. I don't care about the code reduction. I prefer to give you all the required money so you will develop more and more this game!! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
fredmanson wrote:
I will order the print edition as well. I don't care about the code reduction. I prefer to give you all the required money so you will develop more and more this game!! whistle

Well I am touched! Thank you so much. You'll be glad to know that there is more Deadball on the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
I ordered mine. Can't wait to see this beautiful thing!

WM, did you happen to see my PM I sent you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
tjans wrote:
I ordered mine. Can't wait to see this beautiful thing!

WM, did you happen to see my PM I sent you?

Yes! About the negative traits generator. The short answer is that I've tinkered with it, and have never found a version of it that I really love, which is why I've never shared one. Two ideas for a way it could work (which I'm sharing publicly in case others have ideas):

--One huge table (d100, maybe) that includes negative traits, bonus traits, and combinations thereof, as well as a lot of space (about 80%, for my money) for players with no traits at all.
--One table that you roll on to tell you how many traits a character has, and a second table that you roll on to determine what they are, if he has any.

If anybody wants to knock together a version of one of those, I'd love to see it! As I said, I haven't ever been able to put a version together that was simple enough while still being useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ouijum wrote:
Two ideas for a way it could work (which I'm sharing publicly in case others have ideas):

--One huge table (d100, maybe) that includes negative traits, bonus traits, and combinations thereof, as well as a lot of space (about 80%, for my money) for players with no traits at all.
--One table that you roll on to tell you how many traits a character has, and a second table that you roll on to determine what they are, if he has any.

That would be very interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
I'll see what I can do 😀

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.