5 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Challenge of the King rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
For Challenge of the King, does being in a besieged Minas Tirith count as being in a "Gondor or Rohan region"?

I note that Minas Tirith would in this case be a "free region" (i.e., devoid of enemy units) for the SP for all other purposes. But I wasn't sure if a besieged stronghold is considered part of the region it is in.

I used to play on the assumption that a besieged army is no longer "in" the region containing the stronghold. But now I am no longer sure (I allowed FP to use challenge of the king while besieged last game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you are still in the region even if you are besieged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RezardVareth wrote:
For Challenge of the King, does being in a besieged Minas Tirith count as being in a "Gondor or Rohan region"?

Yep. Being in a besieged Minas Tirith still counts as being in the region of Minas Tirith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks both! I figured that choosing not to use the term "free region" was significant here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dexter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thematically it makes sense as well. Aragorn could certainly challenge Sauron even if the city was surrounded by enemy troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.