Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How strong is the legacy aspect of the game? Can this be played without using the stickers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Tsekos

Kalamata and/or Athens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not using any stickers.
I just have a piece of paper in the box with how many Karma and what they have got each character I create
Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
It sure can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryden
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure can.

I applied the stickers to card stock and we draft the number of points that match the level of the game that we want to play.

Deal em up and go. Plays good and the drafting is in interesting twist as your are drafting abilities, not cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:
Can this be played without using the stickers?

Yes. In fact, your first few games will be without the stickers until you get enough points saved from games to purchase a sticker. There are also some characters in the expansions that come with pre-built characters for a beefed up character experience.

Incidentally, I found a way to make my stickers reusable. I plan to be posting a tutorial with pictures in a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a notecard for each character/player and we have an excel sheet with all of the advancement stickers listed on it that we select from before every game/session.

With how few changes are made game to game/session to session, the "legacy" is nothing to be worried about. You will probably need 10-20 plays before you have more than 5-6 abilities to choose from.

In my opinion, the stickers are easy to bypass and should not stop you from pursuing the game if that is the one thing holding you back.

Alternatively, if you are expecting a Pandemic Legacy, tour de force, cinematic sequence of game altering changes, you will be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, progress in this game is relatively linear, since the only thing that carries through is special ability stickers with fixed costs.
You might as well just pick a mission and build characters for it meeting the minimum karma, rather than slog through dozens of failed milk-runs just to build up enough XP to buy them.
And write it all down on a paper character sheet or google doc.
Not really a Legacy aspect at all.
I was pretty disappointed by that, actually. The low-level missions are too hard and not worth the time of throwing yourself at them. Just skip ahead to the fun part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you run out of stickers, which is very improbable, because they can last for really many games, you can always use printable character sheets: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/107591/shadowrun-crossfir...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Sleeves and dry erase markers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
Even if you run out of stickers, which is very improbable, because they can last for really many games, you can always use printable character sheets: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/107591/shadowrun-crossfir...

+ 1. I like using then because it feels like having my old-school RPG characters sheets hehe.

Also, using post-it does the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can stick, untstick, restick, each sticker multiple times.

I think the sticker system is amazing. I am glad they went against all the criticism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:

I think the sticker system is amazing. I am glad they went against all the criticism.

Ymmv. It does not unstick cleanly here in cold Canada. Maybe not enough love from runners for Tim Horton's soy coffee heh?

(Insert more canadian references here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leberegel wrote:
How strong is the legacy aspect of the game? Can this be played without using the stickers?

I use index cards and square Post-it notes. Haven't had a problem enjoying myself yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Fredriksson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Jamelrha wrote:
Grove123 wrote:

Ymmv. It does not unstick cleanly here in cold Canada.

Strange, they un/re-stick perfectly fine in cold Sweden. If anything I'm a bit annoyed that I have to fill in my runners name every time I play (which is basically once every evening) due to the dry erase marker coming off too readily.

I was a bit skeptical about applying stickers to begin with but I'd probably do it even if I couldn't unsticker them. It looks nice once you get a couple of upgrades on the character sheet. My handwriting has always been a real mess so even though It'd be really easy to print a character sheet that isn't very appealing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.