Hide
11 Posts

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » General

Subject: Painted Acolytes & Niffil rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Hunter
msg tools

So, I decided that I would paint my copy of Perdition's Mouth. They weren't kidding when they said that they intended the miniatures for painting. I found them to be very favorable for washes and dry brushing.

Keep in mind that I am an average, lazy painter. So these aren't Golden Demon quality but they do beat playing with gray plastic. I used citadel paints and brushes. I hope to have all the minis painted by the end of June.

I opted for a Nurgle/Disease color tone for the Acolytes since they worship insects. The cool thing about the cultist miniatures is they get more insect-y as you go up the pecking order. The Guards have something going on under their robes- three legs? A tail? By the time you get to the Summoners you have full fledged insect men going on....very cool it's represented in mini form!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hunter
msg tools
I forgot this midway photo on the Acolytes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice ones! I am looking forward to see more of your work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, indeed. And we also thought that greenish tint would be best for acolytes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. Thinking of painting mine also.

Are these your own ideas or have you used their suggested painting guide?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hunter
msg tools

I'm cruising along with the painting. I am almost finished and soon I can get playing. In the meantime, I'm going over the rule book and making sure that I don't forget the little rules along with the major ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hunter
msg tools
rault wrote:
Very nice. Thinking of painting mine also.

Are these your own ideas or have you used their suggested painting guide?

Hi there. I actually thought up of the paint schemes myself. I used citadel paints and washes. These miniatures really pick up on washes really well which allowed me to cut down on the painting time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, wait with the rule book reading for the new version. It should be available within this week. I hoped to do it last week, but I had quite a crazy time at work so I had to postpone it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hunter
msg tools
Personally, I've found the rule book to be pretty good. I've read through it once so far. This is one of the few Kickstarter rule books that seems to have cited an editor, Dan Hull, that wasn't either one of the designers or playtesters. I'm not sure if he's a real editor but the layout of the rules was pretty straightforward to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizniz13 wrote:
Personally, I've found the rule book to be pretty good. I've read through it once so far. This is one of the few Kickstarter rule books that seems to have cited an editor, Dan Hull, that wasn't either one of the designers or playtesters. I'm not sure if he's a real editor but the layout of the rules was pretty straightforward to me.

It might also be due to the fact that we did 4 years of playtesting and really many intermediate versions of the rulebook.

Dean and Dan did good work with editing, though, that must be said.

Still, we aim to include the issues mentioned in FAQ to next rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The printed rulebook is very good indeed. We tried very hard to make it perfect. However no testing is as good as few thousands brilliant people trying to exploit every word to win the game.

What you learned from the old rulebook is still valid. There are few minor fixes and some additions, that clarify monster moves. The current rulebook says, that monsters destroy doors and objects, but does not say how the monsters will actually move, when there are more possible routes - for example one long free route and one through a closed door.

For more information see this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1728410/enemy-movement-how-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.